Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    karengmaxwell Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2011, 10:26 AM
    Furnace gas valve clunks
    My old furnace as well as my brand new Lennox 2 stage top of the line furnaces gas valve CLUNKS when the furnace comes on. Repair guys have been here 3 to 5 times and last time the clunking stopped, but only for 1 1/2 days. Why is this happening?? How can it be stopped? So annoying as the furnace comes on every 10 minutes. Is this dangerous?

Karen

Check out some similar questions!

Gravity furnace gas valve [ 3 Answers ]

Have an old gravity furnace. Pilot generator putting out 575 mv, however gas valve won't open (ITT General Controls B60 gas valve). How do I troubleshoot valve? What external or internal checks? I have the valve head off and looking under the diaphragm I don't see anything obvious. I'm not...

Carrier furnace gas valve? [ 0 Answers ]

Have a carrier 58RAV. It was just running the blower constantly, per troubleshooting I replaced the board. Now everything runs during the test cycle but when after hot start ignitor glows and my volt meter starts to read volts going to the gas valve I hear a click and the hot surface ignitor and...

Carrier Natural Gas Furnace main gas valve will not open every call for heat [ 1 Answers ]

We have a Carrier Weather Maker 8000 Natural Gas Furnace not functioning properly. We have replaced pressure switch, hot surface ignitor, flame sensor and control board. It will cycle 3 to 4 times and then not come back on. Is it possibly a bad coil on gas valve?:rolleyes:

Gas furnace valve [ 1 Answers ]

I read one of the Q & A's about a gas valve for an Empire direct vent wall furnace, model #DV-215-7SG-LPG. So far I've been able to determine that it's the solenoid that's bad, anyhow,I've replaced it with a new valve and I've been serarching desperately to find another replacement valve for 2...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.