Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samuel58 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2010, 06:02 PM
    80mgf3-75a-3 ignitor will not produce a spark to ignite gas
    I have a 80MGF3 the circuit board was change out during the summer with a 19w94 ign conversion kit. The air worked find for the summer,but when the thermostat was place for heat the ignitor would not produce a spark. The inducer fan comes on, the gas valvue opens, the ignitor tries to ignite, but there is no spark. The instructions that came with the new board seems to have been misplaced, but every thing seems to be in order.
    no_where_man Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 6, 2010, 09:16 PM
    I have the same problem. Did you solve the problem? You may already have this manual but if not... http://hvacpartsshop.net/80MGF_Series.pdf
    samuel58 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Dec 10, 2010, 08:51 PM
    Thank you No WShere Man I did not have the manual. I down loaded the manual and discovered that every thing was correct. However, I found a defect in the new board. Problem solved.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theem 21vp50-1 ignitor glows but main burner does not ignite [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I have a 50 gal Rheem PwerVent gas water heater (Model # 21VP50-1) which has started to act up. In past two months, I had to switch hot water heater off and on every few days in order for the main burner to ignite and have hot water. Since yesterday, however, that does no longer work - The...

80MGF3-75A-3 Ignitor will not light heater [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I have an 80MGF3-75-3 the circuit board was shorted out. Replaced the circuit board, and the electrod ignitor. When the call is for heat, the blower motor comes on, and there is a strike for spark, but no spark can be seen, and the hearter refuse to light. After four tries the shutdown...

Lennox model 80mgf3/4-100a1 no spark at call for heating [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I have a lennox model 80MGF3/4-100A1 Furnace.. My problem is that when the unit is calling for heat the induce fan comes on and then I hear the board click that allows the blower motor fan to come on.. I never hear any sparking at the ignitor, I've cleaned the rods and bent them a little closer...

Trane furnace ignitor will not ignite gas for heat, blower will not go off [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Trane unit and the ignitor does not produce a flame. The unit's blower runs and keeps the house at 62 degrees, 29 degrees outside. I have had this same problem once before and I was told that all that was needed was to clean some part in the furnace. Do not remember what that part was. ...

Ignitor will not ignite [ 7 Answers ]

I have a intertherm honeywell furnace about 6 years old and the ignitor will not ignite so furnace will not turn on... I put in a new ignitor in but still will not ignite... Is anybody out there familiar with this problem and can direct me in the right direction... Thank you very much... Paul

View more questions Search