Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    leeaxton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2010, 11:26 AM
    Connecting Sky HD to home cinema and TV
    AV Receiver is Denon AVR1911, Sony TV and Sky+HD box
    I have Optical Coaxial leads and HDMI cable from HD box to TV.
    Can't get sound whilst watching TV through Sky+HD?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Nov 8, 2010, 10:17 AM
    The fiber optic connection on your TV is likely an OUTPUT and not an INPUT. This only passes 2.0 sound out unless you are using the internal tuner for basic cable or antenna.

The best method to connect this equipment would be the following:

HD box to A/V Receiver via HDMI.
    A/V Receiver to TV via HDMI.

Do the same for anything else you have. Everything should go through that receiver and you should just have the one HDMI to the TV. There are only a few exceptions to this rule and without knowing more about your system I cannot give more details.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Want to ask a home cinema question [ 10 Answers ]

Hi I've recently bought a 47 inch LG LCD TV (LH5000), a Sony BDPS360 blu-ray player, a Panasonic SC-PT470E B-K 5.1 DVD cinema surround system and a Nintendo Wii. What I want to do is connect my blu-ray player and Nintendo Will to my cinema surround system, but I am not sure what cables/leads...

Connecting TV, Sky Box and Home Cinema [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, my wife's bought me a Samsung Home Cinema for Xmas but I'm struggling with the connections. I have the following: Samsung flat screen TV with Audio (L&R), Pr Pb Y, Scart, Ant In, Digital Audio Out, PC In, PC/DVI Audio In, HDMI In 2 and 1DVI. Also on the side of the TV it has AV IN (Video and...

Connecting sky HD to home cinema [ 2 Answers ]

Hello first time on here I have just had sky HD and connected my home cinema system to the sky box via a scart ,as I only have 1 scart socket on home ciema system . The problem is I can only get sound but no picture , the sky box is connected with an hd lead directly to the TV

Connecting TV to SKY basic box to DVD recorder [ 1 Answers ]

HI. I am trying to connect my new Samsung flatscreen, SKY basic digi box and a phillips DVD recorder together so I can record DVD from SKY. Here is the equipment: DVDR 610 DVD player/recorder Scart: "EXT 1 - to TV I/0" Scart: "EXT 2 - to AUX I/0" Sky basic box Scart 1: called "VCR scart"

View more questions Search