Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    desperatehelp1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Oct 19, 2010, 12:37 PM
    I've ruined my relationship with lying how do I fix it
    I was in an abusive relationship for years and as a result started to lie to try and avoid a beating, that worked for a little bit, I've since left my husband and we are divorced, I've met a really nice guy but as a result of my previous relationship I've been lying to him. And there is no reason to lie to him, I'm going to see a councillor cause I really need help my relationship is practically over and I need to fix it
    rebeccahstrean Posts: 165, Reputation: 9

Oct 19, 2010, 12:44 PM
    Communication with your boyfriend is everything! You need to sit him down either at home or in your counseling session and have a talk with him. And tell him aobut your ex husband and tell him that you just got used to lying to him so now your lying to HIM. Then so he knows... and then just be like I'm sorry and I'm working on it. You have to be honest in a relationship... I'm an honest person... and I found out its GOOD! So he might be able to just trust you one day and it will all be good:)
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 19, 2010, 12:49 PM

Get help to stop lying, and heal from what you have been through, and then be healthy and happy with yourself.

That's more important than fixing a relationship, and easier to fix something when your healthy, so do whatever it takes to get healthy, and happy. Then your relationship will be healthy and won't need fixing.

Sorry for what you have been through, and glad your out of that situation, but there are no quick fixes, or magic potents for your problems, just a lot of hard work, time, and patience by YOU!
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Oct 19, 2010, 12:51 PM

Is this the first time you have lied about anything in particular with him? What did you lie about?
    Tvaughn29 Posts: 13, Reputation: 3

Oct 19, 2010, 12:56 PM
    Sit down and have a talk with him and tell him the truth and tell him its because of your past relationship you feel you have to lie,but you really don't want to,and tell him you want you two to work and you'll do whatever it takes-if he loves you and its worth it he'll listen to you,it'll all work out.
    desperatehelp1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Oct 20, 2010, 09:52 AM
    Comment on answerme_tender's post
    No its not the first time I've lied to him, and I've lied about insignificant things just plain stupid really I've had no reason to lie to him about anything.
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2010, 09:56 AM

I agree get some counceling, its time before you lose even more relationships due to lying. I'm talking friends,family,co-workers, etc when mentioning other relationships.
    xxpolxx Posts: 9, Reputation: 2

Mar 23, 2012, 07:32 PM
    I understand how you feel cause I also lie a lot they are harmless but I lie for no reason and I can't help it. Counselling seems not working its just I telll the truth during counselling but it doesn't help me stop lying. I don't know what to do.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Meth ruined my relationship [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend of 5 years has been a meth addict since I meet him. We have a beautiful daughter together. Life is good when he is home and sober. He is home for the week, but once the weekend hits he’s no where to be seen, and if he does come home he's high. I finally got fed up with his 4 days home...

My past has ruined me and runied my relationship [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I recently broke up. He said he needed space because he no longer could handle the jealousy. I can not ocntrol it, when I try it gets harder. Every time he talks to a girl I become jealous and angry. I feel threatened that the girl will take him away from me. In my past...

I've ruined my hair [ 2 Answers ]

Please help me , I've died the front part of my hair a copper/ginger colour , except my hair is a dark blonde to light brown colour and its come out looking like my hair has rusted! My mum saw and went spastic and she said I won't be able to go to school until it comes out!! It is a...

Fear of my relationship being ruined [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a 27 year old female with a 30 year old boyfriend. We have been together almost a year and both are attractive, good shape. There has been talk of marriage and babies in the future. He gives me lots of affection... hugging,kissing,cuddling.. ect... however he has no sex drive. I on the...

I think I ruined my relationship with my best friend [ 1 Answers ]

Before I begin, I would like to note that this is my first question that I put on this website, so I didn't know how long to make it. Its actually frighteningly long, but bear with me, I wanted to include every detail to get the best response possible. Thank you. ----------------------- OK,...

View more questions Search