Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tina2222 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 14, 2010, 12:32 PM
    Do I have to file a new support order if my child moved to virginia
    I am the custodial parent as of now and I reside in ny. My daughter moved back with her mother who resides in virginia. Her mother was paying child support but it stopped (which I don't understand why). She doesn't have residential custody yet. We wanted to see how it would work out for my daughter first. The support order is in ny but they live in virginia. Shouldn't the support order be with virginia?
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Oct 14, 2010, 12:45 PM

No. The order must be honored in Virginia until and if it is modified. She still has a duty to continue paying support until then.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Voluntary relinquishment of parental rights and child support in virginia [ 2 Answers ]

Can I voluntarily relinquish my parental rights in virginia and not be reliable for child support?

Ex works for same company but moved from NM to AZ can support order stay in NM or doe [ 1 Answers ]

I was divorced 5 years ago.. my problem is support for my children my ex fled Ohio and moved to New Mexico to get out of jail time.. Now they caught up with him he is moving to Arizona and it is with the same company. There is an income deduction order standing right now.. do I have to changed the...

Does the child support agency remove order from child 18 or does the parent [ 3 Answers ]

My son is 18 and in college, he does not live with mother nor does she pay for any of college. I live in California, who takes care of the order?

How can I file for divorce when I moved out of state with our child? [ 1 Answers ]

Im not really sure how to file for divorce. I moved from Az to Il and I'm not sure what is best. I have heard I should wait 6 months before filing since I took our son out of state so he can't make me come back there but as of now we agree on mostly everything. I want to get the process started....

Mother moved out of state and still getting child support [ 1 Answers ]

My stepson's mother threw him out April 1 and left the state. She is still getting child support. We have no way of getting a hold of her, and when we tried to set up a court date to get custody changed over she didn't show up and so they dismissed the case. How do we file child abandonment so...

View more questions Search