Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jengeda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 10, 2008, 02:45 PM
    Mother moved out of state and still getting child support
    My stepson's mother threw him out April 1 and left the state. She is still getting child support. We have no way of getting a hold of her, and when we tried to set up a court date to get custody changed over she didn't show up and so they dismissed the case. How do we file child abandonment so that we can quit giving a deadbeat money?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 10, 2008, 02:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jengeda
    My stepson's mother threw him out April 1 and left the state. She is still getting child support. We have no way of getting a hold of her, and when we tried to set up a court date to get custody changed over she didn't show up and so they dismissed the case. How do we file child abandonment so that we can quit giving a deadbeat money?

She hasn't abandoned him so that won't work. Abandonment is tricky and you would need more than 4 or 5 months without contact.

You must have some idea how to reach her - where is the child support being sent?

I would go back to Court and get an Order to stop child support first and then work on custody second.

If this was thrown out once you probably need an Attorney.

And how old is the child?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a mother leave te state with a child without the fathers permission [ 8 Answers ]

My fiancé has a 4 year old daughter and the mother ( a friend of mine ) told me that she was leaving the state with his daughter for a 2 week vacation but never told the father, does she have the right to do that with out his consent? Also, they are planning on going out of the country in the...

Child support and ssdi payments to mother [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I just started collecting ssdi benefits for 1625.00 a month. Wellmy first check is coming and it already reduced and cutvin half for support of my 9 year old. Ok that's not a problem how ever I am still paying support to probation. My ex-wife is lazy and not applying for ssdi through my...

Father pays child support, but mother wants more? [ 8 Answers ]

My cousin lives in NY and mother of his child lives in NJ. He pays $550 a month in child support but she wants more. He makes around 550-650 a week after taxes, but is afraid he will lose everything if chil support amount is raise. It might sound like a lie but he barly surviving because NY is...

Can I sue my mother for back child support ? [ 10 Answers ]

My mom got custody of me at the age of 4 when my parents divorced and she kept me to the age of 6. I was neglacted while living with my mother. Then I moved in with my Aunt at 7 but my Aunt didn't get custody of me till I 13.I would like to use her because growing up she refused to pay even after...

View more questions Search