Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mechnkp Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2010, 10:51 AM
    total head and flow for booster pump in water header
    I want to put one booster pump in cooling water header (pipe size 350 mm), booster pump suction and discharge size is 350 mm & 300 mm. to connect this pump with main header need to put one reducer (350 x 300) at pump discharge. My question is that what will be effective lay out
    (1) if I provide reducer (300 x 350) dircet on pump discharge flange (pump discharge size 300mm) and then 350 mm sized NRV & valve.
    (2) second option I provide NRV & discharge valve (size 300 mm) at pump discharge and then reducer sized 300 x 350 mm to connect it with main header.
    what will the efficient lay out in avove two to get maximum flow and head. (pump capacity 1100 m3/hr, 25 mtr head)

Check out some similar questions!

Water flow from tub spout and shower head why? [ 5 Answers ]

I replaced the packing on the diverter.. however, when I turn the water on to a full flow hot or cold it comes out of the tub spout and the shower head. Also when I turn the diverter on to run the shower with hot and cold water the cold water takes over like the hot water isn't even on. It is a 3...

Booster pump header diameter calculation [ 0 Answers ]

I have 6 endsuction pumps (pump inlet/outlet 5"/4" with 1000 gpm flow @ 77m head and I woul dlike to assemble all pumps on one inlet/out let header. My questions are: What is the recommended diameter for the inlet/out let header. Detailes about the needed accessories, valves... etc.

Calculation of cold water trasfer pump and booster pumps [ 1 Answers ]

Sir, I need to know how to calculate the power and head of cold water transfer pump and cold water booster pumps. How to calculate the various heads like friction head, discharge head,static head and suction head.can u please send me the calculations done for that briefly My e mail id is...

Water meter vs. Booster pump [ 1 Answers ]

In 2005,I had a booster pump install to increase the water pressure in my house. Every since I had the booster pump installed, I have been getting outrageous water bills, not that much greater water pressure and my water meter becomes broken every year for last three years. What do you think the...

No water flow to shower head [ 1 Answers ]

We have normal flow of water to our tub faucet, but no water flow to our shower head. What could be the problem?

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.