Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    philster911 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2010, 07:18 PM
    If I have joint legal & phys custody, can I block my ex's school choice?
    I have joint legal and physical custody with my ex. She is trying to enroll them in a school I don't consent to. Can I block their enrollment?
    GV70 Posts: 2,918, Reputation: 283
    Family Law Expert

Sep 7, 2010, 07:25 PM

Generally if you both do not agree about it, you may go to mediation.
    If your ex enroll the children in a school without your consent , you have right to ask the Court to resolve the problem.
    Have in mind that it is your burden to prove your thesis , not your ex's burden to prove his/her choice.
    P.S. Do you live in Va?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Joint legal custody and school [ 2 Answers ]

My ex-wife and I have legal and physical custgody of our child. She does not work and is capable to pick up and drop off our child on her parenting day. However, she has a habit a sending people that I don't know to pick up our daughter. She gave the school and long list of a people that she...

Joint Legal Custody and School Enrollment [ 1 Answers ]

In a case where a child's parents are divorced, but share joint legal custody, do both parents have to sign off when a disabled child is moved from one school to another? Here is some background: My step son is 11-years old. He has autism and has been attending a private school since he started...

Joint legal custody [ 3 Answers ]

My son and his ex-wife have joint legal custody, she has physical custody of their 5 yr old child. They all currently live in GA. We have heard that she is planning on moving to North Carolina. Can she move the child out of state since they share joint legal custody? Without going back to court?...

Primary physical custody and joint legal custody [ 2 Answers ]

My son and his wife are divorced now, they have joint legal custody mother has primary physical custody because my son is in the military and he was told that she had to have primary physical custody in order to enroll the child in school. However she doesn't have my son listed as a contact person...

View more questions Search