Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ladyblueblue Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2010, 09:18 PM
    My girlfriend broke up with me after 2 years because of feelings for ex-gf?
    Hey,

My girlfriend suddenly broke up with me after 2 years being/living together. She met her ex g-friend 2 weeks ago for a drink as her ex doesn't live here and was only visiting. They haven's spoken at all or seen each other throughout those 2 years at all. Now she told me that the meeting sparkled feelings for her ex which she didn't know she still had (Her ex told her she still loved her and wanted to try again) and therefore she can not be with me anymore with the thought of wanting to try with her ex again in the back of her head. Everything was fine. We did not have any major issues in our relationship. We were looking for a house to buy together a week before she had the meeting with her ex. My g-friend told me that if she hadn't had seen her ex we would have most probably stayed together. But now she is confused and wants to be alone and go try with her ex again. So she basically just leaves everything like. She said she doesn't know what to do or if she is making the right decision but that is what she feels like doing and therefore she can not be with me anymore. I told her to move out from our place. I just don't understand how that could happen from one meeting after 2 years of not seeing her. She just throws everything away and says I am an amazing person but she can not be with me because she thinks now that she has never gotten over her ex. ( but she didn't feel like that at all before she saw her ex who told her she was still in love with her after 2 years of not seeing each other and to try again) so my g-friend just jumped on it.
    I don't understand this? Please somebody help me.
    Thanks so much
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 7, 2010, 04:10 AM

Feelings change all the time, and just because you were into her so deep, its rather obvious she wasn't, or she was not telling you the whole truth. Either way its something you accept, and move beyond.

Sucks when you get dumped for sure. Read the stickies for some very helpful tips to move on.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Sep 7, 2010, 04:26 AM

So sorry to hear about the breakup... it must have been tough being happy one day and broke up the next. I'm sure you're devastated.

There's really nothing you can do about the situation. She's told you it's over, so you have to accept it and move on.

Don't let a failed relationship scar you for life. Start loving yourself again. Go out with friends, or spend more time with your family.

Just remember - After the storm comes the sun!
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Sep 7, 2010, 09:22 PM
    That is a sad situation, and I'm sorry that you are faced with such a life altering change, literally overnight.

This may sound strange, but it has nothing to do with you. Had your girlfriend been as committed as you were, a simple drink with an ex would not have turned your life upside down. I suspect that there was more communication going on somewhere in the background, and that they had kept in touch. I have a hard time swallowing that this was as 'sudden' and 'unexpected' and 'a surprise', as she says it was.

The plus side is, you now know that the relationship is over. She may regret what she has done, and it may be a matter of wanting to come back to you, and I hope you stay firm, and say no, and move on. Someone that fickle, if her story is to be believed, doesn't sound like a great partner to me.

All the best of luck to you in re-building your life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Girlfriend broke up with me after 3 years, I'm not doing so well [ 55 Answers ]

I know some of you see 3 years and think that's not a lot, but we lived together for three years, I saw her every day. We did everything together and we didn't work full time jobs so we did a lot together she is all I know. She was my first and only true love. First off we met in high school, we...

Broke up with girlfriend of 3 years, what to do first? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I just signed up for this forum today because I thought it would be a good place to get advice, and reflect on the issue I'm currently facing. Recently my girlfriend informed me that she wanted a break from our relationship because she felt that she was too dependent and too consumed...

We broke up 2 years ago, but my feelings for her are strong. How can I forget her? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi there. My name is Andy, and I desperately need some help. In December 2004 I met a girl over the internet. She lived 240 miles away from me. After chatting together for months, we fell in love. On the 10th of July 2005, we met in her home town. I remember getting off the train, and she was...

Girlfriend of 4 years just broke up with me [ 14 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 4 years broke up with me last night. We are both 22, and have pretty much been living togeather for the past 3 years, even though we both have our own places. I have not been well for about the past year, because of various reasons (quite a few of which are very serious), I believe...

My girlfriend of 5 years broke up with me, or did she? [ 12 Answers ]

Although there's probably a plethora of questions like this one on these forums already and you guys probably can't tell me anything that I can't or haven't already read in the stickies, I just felt like I needed to give my story either way. Me and my girlfriend met around 8 years ago, and we...

View more questions Search