Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smurf80 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2010, 05:45 PM
    I treated my girlfriend badly and she broke up with me
    I have know this girl for a month, and had a strong connection to her from the start. I have been through a lot reecently and have not been myself> I have a 1 yr old son and going through custody battle right now. I feel I met her at the wrong time in my life because I was not acting like myself. I'm 9yrs older than her and I really feel a connection to her> how can I get her back? She is away at school
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 29, 2010, 06:31 PM

What did you do to make her leave you?
    All you can do is apologize and hope that she accepts it. If she doesn't there really is not much else you can do.
    How old is she?

Aug 29, 2010, 06:55 PM

She is 21. Well I was being cold and not giving her attention and shutting down.
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 29, 2010, 07:01 PM

Well I think at this point you need to concentrate on the custody battle and not worry about her. The situation that caused the break up is still going on so things won't be different. You are still going to be distracted.
    Apologize to her. That is all you can do.
    If things are meant to be, she will come back.
    You two only have a month under your belt. You do what you need to do for your son.

Aug 29, 2010, 07:39 PM

I know you are right> just hurts alot> I have never been this involved in a situation in such a short amount of time
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 30, 2010, 07:26 AM

I think a lot of that has to do with the stress you are under.
    Stress can cause you to do things you would not normally do.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Aug 30, 2010, 07:27 AM

An apology is in order regardless of whether she'll see you again or not.

She was right to stop seeing you - only dating a month and getting treated the way you were treating her was a huge red flag that she couldn't ignore.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 30, 2010, 09:03 AM

Apologize and leave her alone as its pretty obvious you are not ready for a relationship, and have a lot of your own personal business to attend to.

Handle your business before you try to include someone else in your life. That just ain't fair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sick of being treated badly [ 6 Answers ]

Hi guys Over the last few weeks I've been feeling like people hate me. Since I can remember I was never quite accepted by any peers and always felt I annoyed them when I didn't. Recently, my 2 "friends" have been excluding me. And I'm starting to hate myself. Everyone my age seems to have a...

Elderly Mother Being Treated Badly [ 5 Answers ]

My Mother is in her eighties. I have a cousin in his sixties and he and his wife live in another state. They visit Mom and other family members a few times each year. My cousin keeps asking why I do not bring my Mother to visit him and his wife. The truth is his wife is a snob and is rude to my...

Girlfriend and I broke up [ 10 Answers ]

It was over a bunch of trust issues she had with me she says. I did nothing I never went partied or anything all I did was play a game and since I talked to girls on the game, she assumed that I was doing something wrong. I told her their just friends... she says "its weird that you talk to girls...

Girlfriend broke up with me [ 2 Answers ]

My girlfriend recently asked for space, which is what I did not give her. I continued to text (not as much) and call once a day. Then one night, I drank way too much, and called her repeatedly, she told me to leave her alone and to make a long story short, she got pissed and then broke up with me...

View more questions Search