Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bubble113 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2010, 12:33 PM
    Sick of being treated badly
    Hi guys
    Over the last few weeks I've been feeling like people hate me. Since I can remember I was never quite accepted by any peers and always felt I annoyed them when I didn't.
    Recently, my 2 "friends" have been excluding me. And I'm starting to hate myself. Everyone my age seems to have a normal life accept me... They're all happy, have real friends, have great boyfriends/gf's, great grades and healthy bodies.
    Whereas, I am feeling miserable, have fake friends who only put up with me - which is a joke because they are frankly the most boring why people ever, I have never had a love interest who's stayed interested for more then a week - I was cheated on twice in the first week of both past relationships - , I'm not achieving my potiential and I'm untoned and upset over it.
    Im sorry for sounding stupid but I need to get this out. Ever since I was a child, I've been made feel I'm the problem by various peers when 1. I barely know them and 2. Im always friendly and helpful

I feel as if I don't matter and I feel lonely as Im about to go into college and feel I have a sign stuck on my head . Im miserable, please help me...
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

May 16, 2010, 01:13 PM

I'm not an expert, but my guess is that you're in a depression. We all go through ups and downs in our mood, but depression is much more than just sadness.

Depression interferes with your ability to work, study, eat, sleep, and have fun. The feelings of helplessness, hopelessness, and worthlessness are intense and unrelenting, with little, if any, relief.

Lifestyle changes can help sometimes. Simple things like getting regular sleep, exercise, eating right, managing stress, and challenging your negative thought can help, but if it doesn’t you should talk to a mental health professional.
    JK191 Posts: 151, Reputation: 31

May 17, 2010, 02:30 AM

Follow this:

- Get some exercise on a weekly basis

Exercising releases endorphins into your brain which directly ease any pain (emotional, physical or psychological) and will help you with your body issues as well. It will also help your self-esteem.

- Study harder

Yes it's tough but it does pay off, once better marks come along your self-esteem will also rise.

- Stop caring what random people think of you

HARSHNESS ALERT (Don't read the next paragraph unless you want to learn a harsh truth):

People suck, seriously, they just do. Stop caring what they think and overall stop caring for anyone who you wouldn't consider a real friend. It's not worth it most of the time and you're just setting yourself up for pain. If they don't want to hang out with you, it's their loss. After all, you're awsome.

- Once your self-esteem, body and grades are up, realise all the effort you put into making yourself a better person and slowly ease out of depression and into happyness.

Good luck.
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

May 17, 2010, 03:29 AM
    So this is summer break for collage years?

NOW is the BEST time you will have, right now.(sounds impossible,doesn't it?)

Getting prepared for the collage life(which can be the MOST dramatic change you will go through in your young life) will be the excitement that just might take you through this tough time.

Hindsight for those of us beyond your years has shown how much we 'could' have had things,but even we didn't(at least I didn't).

You have mentioned people your own age have this or that.Who says you have to follow their patterns?Peer pressure?Who's standards do you feel the need to live up to?

What are your positive attributes?(I know,they might not seem too awfully positive right now,but you know what they are).The things you really excel at?Hobbies,passions for,etc.Those are the things you need to focus on, not what others have(or what you DON'T have)

In my life,this was called making a gratitude list, one which no one else was privy to(not so much), it was my personal reminder that I am worth something,even if it's only to myself.

Your finishing school and going on to collage,that is something to add to the list(many NEVER even get to that point).Once in collage,things change greatly(or so my siblings say),the new people(who are in the same boat as you are,newbies and looking for friends)are abundant,it is then up to you to present yourself as the person you want to be.It is a new beginning.

I have done this a few times in my adult life,not in collage(as I am a trades person),but in a geographic change.

Yes,where ever you go,there you are(so they say),it's how we present ourselves to the new surroundings that make us what THEY see!Sometimes we have to 'fake it till we make it'.

The only real questions I'll ask of you is this.

Who are you and what do you want to represent?(totally rhetorical)

What you portray to others is how they will perceive you, if you want to come across as arrogant,be arrogant.If you want to be a push-over,don't get involved in anyone else's life and keep your head down all the time.(and all points in between)

You have a real opportunity to make life what you want it to be,right now is that time.

KBC
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

May 17, 2010, 08:37 AM

Some tough love

Before worrying about the people around you, I suggest you look at yourself in the mirror first.

Are you being the person that you want to be? If you're not even happy with yourself, then it's difficult to expect people around you to enjoy your company.

Work on yourself first. Find happiness within yourself before worrying about those around you.
    bubble113 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

May 24, 2010, 07:54 AM

Hey guys
    Its not peer pressure - I actually want to be in love. Ive never had luck with guys and they make me hate myself because they hate me.
    I just don't get... it. Life.
    For instance - why does the posionious mean girl who makes peoples lives hell - get the nice guy and people like me who treat people the way they want to be treated get the jackass?
    The bad stuff only seems to be happening to me and everyone else is the same.
    Im not depressed. I'm just fed up of settling for BS
    KBC Posts: 2,550, Reputation: 487
    Ultra Member

May 24, 2010, 10:03 AM
    No one can make you HATE yourself, that is giving them control over your life.

You are the only one who can make yourself happy.A healthy relationship would bring you some happiness,but the real happiness has to come from within.

There is(every once in a while)a senator who get's up to the stand and reads the 'Bill of NO Rights'.One of them is,"You have the right to pursue happiness,it isn't a god given right,being a citizen of this great nation,that you are going to be happy,,you have to actually work for it"

A boyfriend/girlfriend relationship isn't going to be all happy happy joy joy,there are compromises we have to make to 'get along' with others.Somewhere along the lines,we have to accept others as they are,reject them if it's too much for us,or allow them to tread on us,making us their puppets.(and many points in-between)

I,again ask you,What are you and what do you want to represent.How others see you and how you see yourself aren't the same thing.Much the same as how you 'think' others have these great relationships and you are stuck in crappy ones.Perception isn't fact.

You're fed up settling for BS, so don't allow BS to be a part of your persona.If you portray strength,others (may) see you as strong... etc.If you are meek and allow guys to treat you bad, make a change.Stop doing those things which bring you to the same ends..

Definition of insanity: Doing the same thing,(over and over again) and expecting different results.

Want the same guys in your life, don't make any changes and keep complaining that life just isn't right.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want him so badly! [ 14 Answers ]

He is my friend's ex and I have only seen him once for less than 5mins some time last year and apparently they broke up sometime back. So I spoke to him last week for the first time because of some misunderstanding that happened between me and my friend. Then he went away for easter holiday and...

Was William Panny treated fairly? Was Mary Cunningham treated fairly? [ 1 Answers ]

Case Study #7: Bendix Politics Was William Panny treated fairly? Was Mary Cunningham treated fairly? Explain your answer fully.

My 1yr old puppy is sick, vomiting.not worms, sick only in morning. [ 5 Answers ]

Hello:) I am new here.. My 1yr old pup, Gracie, is a house dog, she is 1/2 Pomeranian & 1/2 Min. Doberman. For the last few days she has been vomiting in the morning, that is the only time she does. We are very careful what she eats & as we live in town, she stays indoor.. even to void. She is...

Elderly Mother Being Treated Badly [ 5 Answers ]

My Mother is in her eighties. I have a cousin in his sixties and he and his wife live in another state. They visit Mom and other family members a few times each year. My cousin keeps asking why I do not bring my Mother to visit him and his wife. The truth is his wife is a snob and is rude to my...

I need help badly [ 3 Answers ]

I have very dark spots on both cheeks. I have tried Neutrogena Chemical Peel along with Neutrogena Skin Block. This has not helped. Could you please suggest what skin whitener I could use to get rid of these spots?:eek:

View more questions Search