Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ericaabaaby Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2010, 03:56 PM
    What's wrong with my abnoral period?
    I'm only fifteen and I've been having a period for about two to three weeks. It's been light and abnormaly dark-a dark brown to black color. What could be wrong?
    bidingmytime Posts: 92, Reputation: 13

Aug 22, 2010, 04:13 PM

I had that happen to me once when I was 21. I was on an exchange semester overseas and somehow it must have messed up my hormones because I had a light period for one whole month. It quite when it was time for my next period to be over.

My best guess is that it will just go away. Are you under any stress right now? Or any other major life changes?

Also, some things like soy products including tofu, will increase estrogen and make periods heavier.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Late period turns to a LONG period. What's wrong with me? [ 4 Answers ]

I was 12 days late for my period, which was a very stressful moment for me. I finally got my period on August 10, and I still have it... 14 days and counting. I should also note that my period has been rather light for me. I have been able to get away with light tampons this whole time, and when I...

No period in 8 months! What's wrong with me? [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, so I just turned 20 and I haven't had a period in 8 months. I was on the pill for two years and got off the pill a year ago because my husband and I got married and decided I need to get off so my body can get rid of all the built up birth control so when we do decide to have a child we...

What is wrong with my period? [ 2 Answers ]

So usually I get my period on the 20th of every month, my cycle is usually exactly 30 days. Well on June 17th I got my period for 15-16 days for the first 7 it was extremely light and I feared pregnancy, as I am only 18 yrs old. After that it became fresher, more red blood, for the remaining 8-9...

No Period. What's wrong? [ 3 Answers ]

Okay, first of all, I realize how paranoid I got. I've come back from not thinking and now I need help. I have never had sex before this year. (I just turned 38 and for reasons from my past, I've just been scared--both emotionally and also because of lack of information-- to be that close to...

Missed Period... What's Wrong! [ 6 Answers ]

Ive missed my period and I'm 2 weeks and 5 days late... Ive took 3 pregnancy test and they all come up negative. Ive been pregnant before but I had a abortion last October. Im wondering if that has anything to do with why I'm late or am I pregnant and just don't have enough pregnancy horomone in me...

View more questions Search