Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    beccaloohoo06 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Dec 15, 2006, 12:38 PM
    Missed Period... What's Wrong!!
    Ive missed my period and I'm 2 weeks and 5 days late... Ive took 3 pregnancy test and they all come up negative. Ive been pregnant before but I had a abortion last October. Im wondering if that has anything to do with why I'm late or am I pregnant and just don't have enough pregnancy horomone in me to detect it in a pregnancy test.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 15, 2006, 12:39 PM
    Let's start with your age first. Could be hormonal, so I need to know that before we go on.

Dec 15, 2006, 12:43 PM
    Im 19... a little information I'm usually regualar. In June I got off birth control and since my periods have been up and down. Ive missed before but got my period 2 weeks later, its almost 3 weeks now and still no period. Im really worried that because of the abortion something is wrong, I have a fear I won't be able to have children because of it.
    Expert

Dec 15, 2006, 12:46 PM
    An abortion in and of itself does not make you infertile.

When you take the pregnancy tests are you taking them first thing in the morning? That is very important.

Why did you get off the birth control if you don't mind? Also, what kind were you on?

Dec 15, 2006, 12:49 PM
    I took one in the morning , in the afternoon, and at night... I got off the birth control because I lost my insurance I can't afford it right now, and I was ortho tri cylin low.

Dec 16, 2006, 05:31 PM
    No I haven't had any morning sickness... but I didn't eiehter with my last pregnancy... I understand it could be horomonal , which I'm hoping it will turn out to be or my cycle is changing up. But a quick question with my last pregnancy I was like 40 pounds lighter than I am now, would that have anything to do with it or maybe my wieght having to do with why the pregnancy horomone hasn't showed up yet? My biggest concern right now is that something is wrong with me , not that I'm pregnant. Monday I will be 3 weeks late so I'm just going to wait it out, when would be the best time to go to the doctor if I haven't had my period yet or a positive test result?
    Expert

Dec 16, 2006, 05:41 PM
    Since you are 3 weeks late, I would suggest you make a doctor's appointment on Monday.

You need to find out what is happening.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Confused About Missed Period [ 25 Answers ]

Greetings Everyone, I am a 22 year old girl and for the past year my period has fluctuated to the point months would go by and It wouldn't come. I have no idea what else to do. My Doctor precribed to be Provera and Progesterone in order for it to come and now I am worried that if it will effect...

Missed period [ 1 Answers ]

I've had 2 miscarriages in the past year, I am A- but didn't know it, I'm back to normal alrevady had a period now Im 3 days late but my pregnant. Test is negative what do I do I had my rogam shot after my 2nd miscarriage

Missed Period [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there. I'm a 20 year old female and have missed my period for two months in a row now. Bottom line is, as anyone on here will tell me, that I need to see a doctor but, I'm looking for any way to possibly avoid that all together. I've been under a lot of stress at work lately... but it also...

Missed period [ 4 Answers ]

I haven't had a period since January 6, it is now February26. I've taken 4 epts and they have come out negative. Is it possible to be pregnant and yet test negative? How long should I wait before I see my np? I've had a child already, so I'm a bit confused. I have had some cramping similar to...

Missed period?! [ 1 Answers ]

I haven't had my period since the 1st week in April and the only thing I can think of as to why is that I started taking singulair in between April & may for asthma- could this be true? And also I have never gone all the way but my boyfriend and I do masturbate each other- there wouldn't be any...

View more questions Search