Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alyeska95 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2010, 04:13 PM
    What type of main meter loop breaker do I need?
    We currently live on our property in a trailer. We are having a home built and will be removing the trailer once completed. I need to have electric service to home under construction. I currently have my meter base 20' from road on a post and intend to keep it there. I'm trying to figure out most economical way to have both homes hooked up to same main meter loop for approximately 3 weeks. I have a photo of meter if that would help.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Aug 2, 2010, 04:44 PM

I would have the new service for the new house installed and use a meter/main/feed-thru panel on the pedestal. Then you can temporarily feed the trailer from that until the house is finished.

Here is an example: Universal All-in-One Meter Main

Aug 2, 2010, 04:59 PM

We are keeping the meter on the pedestal and not installing on the house since they want about $3000 to move it. This feed-thru panel stays on the pedestal correct?
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Aug 2, 2010, 05:20 PM

Correct.
    If the existing is 200A then you should be able to replace the meter with the all-in-one.
    If it is only 100A then you are going to have to upgrade to 200A anyway.

Aug 2, 2010, 05:31 PM

Great, Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How many feet of wire between main breaker and meter base without a disconnect [ 1 Answers ]

What is the code for the length of wire between the panel box and meter base without installing a disconnect

Difference between Main Lug and Main Breaker Panel [ 8 Answers ]

What is the difference between a Main Breaker Panel and a Main Lug Panel and can either be used in new residential construction.

Meter Socket and Main Breaker Issues [ 1 Answers ]

I just ordered a new meter socket from the utility company and it is rated for 200 amps. My friend is a certified electrician and he will be doing all the work. He advised me to get an exterior main breaker so we could relocate the interior sub panel approximately 7 foot away from the point of...

Load Center Main Lug or Main Breaker for the Attic [ 5 Answers ]

I have a large attic (on 3rd floor), 38'x28', which is unfinished space. The 2nd floor central air-condition is located there and used to be fed by a 60 feet of 12/3 cable (I changed the cable to 10/3 to reduce the chance of voltage drop) and it's fed by a dual 15A breaker (240v breaker) in the...

Can I convert a main breaker Cutler Hammer loadcenter to main lug? [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering if Cutler Hammer made a part to convert a main breaker load center (CH) style, to a main lug panel. If so, does anyone know the part number or can you refer me to a location where I could find it? Cutler Hammer's website is not too user friendly. Thanks

View more questions Search