Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gephill Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2010, 03:34 PM
    Automobile A/C cooling fan
    A/C Fan continues all the time in a 1996 Buick Park Avenue. It runs even when the ignition switch is off and key not in.
    CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Aug 2, 2010, 06:34 AM

You could have a relay that is sticking in the ON position. Or the PCM could be shorted internally.
    This is best diagnosed by someone there who can do the appropriate tests.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cooling fan keeps running [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1996 Buick park avenue. The cooling fan contines to run even with the motor off. It runs until the battey is dead. What could be the problem? Thanks for any help.

Cooling fan keeps switching on [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 2002 Ford Mondeo (I live in the UK). I have noticed recently that the cooling fan keeps switching on far more frequently than it used to. In fact, until now, I had never noticed the fan coming on at all. The temperature gauge shows normal and the car runs fine. I suppose I may have a...

AC Unit Cooling Fan Not Running [ 5 Answers ]

Hi. My son's HVAC unit is an older Carrier model and needs replaced, but he is trying to limp through this summer until he can afford to buy a new one. The problem is the cooling fan will not run in the outside unit. I took a look at it and the contactor is pulling in and the compressor is...

A/c not cooling after replaced fan motor [ 3 Answers ]

I recently replaced a condenser fan motor. New motor works great. However, no cold air. I've noticed while outside unit running the fan will turn off for a fraction of a second and then back on. Is this a compressor problem now? A maintenance tech at the factory I work at suggested "jump...

Cooling fan that is outside [ 1 Answers ]

Is it normal for the pipe that connects to the fan system outside to become frozen? When I first moved in 3years ago the air seemed to be very cold. I tried to keep the thermostat at 75 degrees but when weather is warm I like inside to be colder at night.

View more questions Search