Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    garysr Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 21, 2010, 12:34 PM
    Harbor breeze ceiling fan E206035, model#MM557kto4
    Fan will not rotate w/fan blades attached, without blades attached very slow to start rotating in low, in medium a little better, and in high it starts good. If you then go to medium, and low its fine. There seams to be a little drag if you push when not on, but w/ blades attach you can not get it started even w/ push. HELP
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 21, 2010, 10:44 PM

Is it a remote fan?

When you spin the motor by hand, how long does it take to stop spinning?

General ceiling fan troubleshooting and help FAQ- Ceiling Fans N More
    garysr Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 23, 2010, 09:13 AM
    The remote is wire in, still works off pull chains. When you spin blades by hand there is a little friction so it slow pretty fast.no noise or grinding can be felt. Do you know if fans have sm. Capacitors or something else to handle start up?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Jun 23, 2010, 01:12 PM

If you remove the remote receiver and wire it without it, does it work normally from the pullchains?

Ceiling Fan Wiring, Ceiling Fan Wiring Technical Help, Do it Yourself (DIY) - Ceiling Fans N More

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HARBOR Breeze Ceiling Fan [ 16 Answers ]

We have a harbor breeze ceiling fan. The blades have quit turning but the motor continues to hum when switch is on. Any suggestions as to what the problem may be? I called Lowe's and they told me to turn the blades by hand with the switch off and if I heard a buzz it was probably the ball...

Harbor breeze ceiling fan E206035, model#MM557kto4 [ 2 Answers ]

Fan will not rotate with blades attached, take blades off and fan rotates good in all 3 speeds. Even if I turn by hand then turn on, blades will not turn. Everything else works, lights, remote and pull switch. Blade motor sounds and runs greart without blades, HELP

I am looking for harbor breeze globe for model 7214144 ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

I have a model 7214144 ceiling fan the globe part # 296682. I want to know Where to go to get a replacement globe

Harbor Breeze Ceiling fan [ 8 Answers ]

Our light and fan work but the remote is not working to turn the fan on or the light on. We have changed the code nemerous times without any luck. Please let us know what we need to do.

Harbor Breeze Ceiling Fan [ 2 Answers ]

Fan works but light does not. I think it only needs a new bulb but I can't figure out how to change the bulb. Is there a trick to getting the globe off? This is my first house and this seems to be a major struggle... Thanks!:(

View more questions Search