Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gwynethannnorman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 5, 2010, 03:58 AM
    I have a Verbatim Store & Go 2Gb USB Stick. How do remove the Write-Protection?
    I have a Verbatim Store & Go 2GB USB Stick. How do remove the Write-Protection? It does not have a Manual Switch on the stick itself. I can open the USB on my computer, but cannot save anything on it. On other computers, the disk does not want to open. Recently I removed 3 virusses (on the disk, but did not do anything) with AVG and I haven't been able to use it since then.

I have looked at device manager and regedit on my computer. I couldn't find the right info and was to scared to change settings without knowing what I was doing.

Please advise as to how I can remove the write-protection. I did not put it on and have never had any problems with the USB. I did not even know it could be write protected.

Thank You
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Jun 5, 2010, 10:37 AM

Download one of the following registry tweaks to enable or disable writing to USB drives.

Enable USB Write
    http://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/...leUSBWrite.zip

Disable USB Write
    http://www.howtogeek.com/wp-content/...leUSBWrite.zip

Once you use the registry hack, you will have to reboot for the changes to take effect. One should also note that if you are using this trick, you should make sure that the users are not administrators on the computer, because they could easily change this setting back.

This works on Windows Vista as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Disable Write Protection on USB Pen Drive(Dont have Switch) [ 14 Answers ]

Hi I have an old 2GB pen drive which shows that it is write protected.It doesnot have any switch and I have reinstalled the drivers but it doesn't seem to work. Help... Regards Darshan

Usb pendrive write protection [ 1 Answers ]

hi I am using transcend 4gb pendrive its opening but only for reading purpose if I want to change the name of files or I want copy files in to that or delete files from that or try to format it its giving error like write protection error disk is write protected remove it I tried out steps like...

Write protection, memory stick [ 1 Answers ]

Hello there my problem is that my memory stick for my phone just wouldn't let me put anymore music into it or delet any. When I put it into the computer and try to put music in it just keeps telling me that the disc is write-protected. I've tried everything I know to but it just won't let me....

98se how to read & write to USB memory stick [ 1 Answers ]

98se how to read & write to USB memory stick

View more questions Search