Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    doogie14 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2010, 06:24 AM
    4 wire setup for Lux 1500 thermostat
    I have a LUX 1500 series thermostat, my existing wiring is Red, White, Green and a light blue ( total 4 wires ).
    Also my home is gas heat forced hot air / with a central air cooling system.
    Current problem, I have heat, but no ac. I don't believe I wired correctly, and don't know if I need a jumper wire...
    Thank you in advance, Sebastian
    [email protected]
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2010, 07:35 AM

Rh jump to rc. Hook to red
    Blue to y if you have no yellow wire
    Green to g
    White to white.

Apr 12, 2010, 07:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshdta View Post
    rh jump to rc. hooh to red
    blue to y if you have no yellow wire
    green to g
    white to white.
    Thank you,
    One last question, I don't have any "jumper wire" for my thermostat, what type of wire do I need to buy ? I have a Home Depot or Lowe's nearby ?
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 12, 2010, 08:13 AM

Just cut off a extra piece of wire from your stat. all you need is a small piece. If you can not find a extra piece at the stat look in the bottom door of the furnace. Odds are there will be plenty extra there.

Apr 12, 2010, 08:47 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshdta View Post
    just cut off a extra piece of wire from your stat. all you need is a small piece. if you can not find a extra piece at the stat look in the bottom door of the furnace. odds are there will be plenty extra there.
    Thanks a million... and if I had it, I send you some... j/j
    You are a great help and I appreciate it.

I'm a Police Officer in Ct, let me know if you have any questions I can help you with.

Sebastian
    beninnigeria Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2011, 12:35 AM
    I have a base board heating system . I have just two wire . I have lux thomometer . The upper witches are fan, on,and auto wile the bottom is heat, off and cool on the right hand is a little window that show the digital under that se=reem is the words temperature follow by two push stitch down and up

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Replacing a Lennox Thermostat with a Lux Thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have an older analog Lennox thermostat and am replacing with a Lux ATX500 thermostat. The Lennox thermostat connections do not match those on the Lux. The Lennox is a 6 wire connection with terminals: F, V, R, X, Y, M The Lux has terminals: G, Y, W, RH, RC The Lux instructions are very...

Lux ultra 1000 thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Lux Ultra 1000 Thermostat, I think that the room temperature it shows is off. It will read 68, but a second thermometer (placed a few inches below it) reads 64. Is there anyway to calibrate the unit, or should I just get a new one?

Lux thermostat TX1500 heat does not come on [ 0 Answers ]

Just insatlled a Lux TX1500 thermostat the fan works the air conditioning works but heat does not. Followed wiring diagram.Not sure what to do or try?

Lux 1500 thermostat clicks on but isn't blowing out heat [ 0 Answers ]

I have a lux 1500 thermostat. When I turn the heat on, I hear it starting up but there isn't any heat coming through the vents. At 1st Filter was flashing on the thermostat so I replaced it. I also replaced the batteries. I t worked well for about 5 minutes then nothing. I turned it off then back...

View more questions Search