Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thebakers2205 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Mar 12, 2010, 09:34 AM
    How do you clean the screen on a gas hot water heater
    I have very low water pressure. I have flushed my hot water heater tank and it did not improve. Someone said I might need to clean the screen but I am not sure how to do that or even get to it.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 12, 2010, 10:23 AM

Is the water pressure low for just hot but cold is great? Is it at all fixtures. No screen, stop looking. Tell that's omeone to stop telling people this.

Mar 15, 2010, 05:48 AM

It is just the hot water, the cold water runs full force. When you turn on the hot water it sounds like it is sputtering and then as the water gets hot it slowly starts losing pressure but still get hot.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 15, 2010, 02:21 PM

You have a hot water volume oroblem, it just appears to be pressure but it is not. Connect a garden hose to the drain sopigot of the heater, open the valve. Do you have good volume/pressure from this valve? How long since you last flushed your heater? Your are flushing it now by opening that valve.

Mar 16, 2010, 05:52 AM

We finally had to have a plumber come out and it is some kind of rod. My husband did not remember what exactly he said. Thanks so much for replying to me.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No water in hot or cold bathroom sink after flushing my gas hot water heater [ 5 Answers ]

Thank you. I flushed my hot water heater last night. I only turned the cold water intake to the heater off and on BUT now, after the flush, my second floor bathroom sink faucets (both hot and cold) don't work at all. The shower and the tub in the bathroom work but NOT the sink- HELP! Thanks so...

Can a gas water heater freeze. We have e cold water but no hot water [ 2 Answers ]

.can gas hot water tank freeze

Gas hot water heater [ 6 Answers ]

My MIL just purchased a new home and the former owners put the gas hot water heater on "vacation", our friends do not know how to turn it on and the former owner is deceased, the relatives she willed it to do not know how to turn it on either. She called a service man and he is of no help and...

Gas hot water heater- hot inlet [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Guys! I have a strange problem with my gas water heater. After having some issues with intermittent hot water shortage, I flushed the system. I also found the remains of a bird in the flue which I vacuumed out, yet the problem has continued. I noticed that the vertical inlet (cold) is...

Gas hot water heater [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a new gas hot water tank. I have been asked by the gas company to provide them my line pressure requirement. I haven't found that on any water tank literature. It is a standard 50 gallon tank. Any help?

View more questions Search