Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    allyagottadois Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 21, 2010, 02:28 PM
    Rusted out holes for screw-in shower strainer
    One screw will not screrw in the metal base that holds the strainer. The hole appears rusted and too big.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 21, 2010, 02:44 PM

Simply use a larger tap and rub a new thread. You may then get a screw to fit the thread and you're back in business. Good luck, tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower strainer replacement [ 3 Answers ]

I recently had problem of water leaking from the shower area. The technician who came to check it out says the shower drain strainer need to be replaced. My questions are: (1) He says in order to replace the drain strainer he has to cut a hole below the floor in order to reach it. Isn't the...

Shower strainer replacement [ 2 Answers ]

I recently had a real clog and backup in my stall shower. I have a drain strainer with no screws. I read somewhere that there is a special plumbing tool that goes into the holes of the strainer to unscrew it. I hesitate because I don't want to compromise the seal(if there is one) Or is it the...

Tub drain center hole too big for strainer screw [ 5 Answers ]

Hi all. I bought a fancy, "universal" shower drain strainer for my boyfriend's bathtub (which had no strainer). It came with a 1-3/4"-long screw, about 11/64" in diameter (I don't know anything about screw sizes so I held it side-by-side with some drill bits we had and it was the closest match :o )...

Screw holes in Aluminum siding [ 2 Answers ]

How do you sael screw holes in Aluminum siding? We recently bought a home which had a faded house number sign on the front. The screw holes from the previous sign don't line up with the new sign I have put in its place. The holes are also visible. Would a clear silicone be okay to use or is there a...

Shower Strainer - where to find [ 2 Answers ]

First time poster. Looking for a strong (brass?) shower strainer replacement. Original is 3-1/2" diameter with 2 screws 2-3/4" apart on center. Chrome finish. Bought a replacement at Orchard Supply Hardware - but the strainer dented the first time I stepped on it. Don't know the...

View more questions Search