Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dotbalm Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 17, 2004, 04:28 PM
    Shower Strainer - where to find
    First time poster.

Looking for a strong (brass?) shower strainer replacement. Original is 3-1/2" diameter with 2 screws 2-3/4" apart on center. Chrome finish.

Bought a replacement at Orchard Supply Hardware - but the strainer dented the first time I stepped on it. Don't know the manufacturer of the one that dented, but it was not brass, and was packaged by Danco, so I'd like to steer away from them unless they offer a stronger strainer. No luck at Home Depot. Checked several web sites, but can't find one to match these dimensions. Shower fixtures are by Moen.

Thank you.
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Nov 17, 2004, 05:18 PM
    Try an Ace or True Value hardware.
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Nov 18, 2004, 12:55 PM
    Shower. Strainer
    West Brass might have what you're looking for. Click on http://www.westbrass.com/pdf/Westbra...ative_0702.pdf run down to page 17 and look for #3173 strainer. 3 1/2" with 2 7/8 centers but close enough to enlarge the holes. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Shower Pipe Drips When Shower Head is Removed [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I keep buying new hand held showers heads that leak from the hose. I buy Delta brand. After I installed a new one yesterday, it started leaking from the hose again. Today I took off the entire shower head and see that from the pipe that comes out from the wall, it drips water at a pretty...

Turning walking shower stall into bathtub/shower combo. [ 4 Answers ]

Question: Current shower drain (2" pipe) runs 5 feet, under slab, to vent stack (5" cast iron vent pipe) of toilet. Will need to move the drain 3ft to wall for new tub. After moving the drain, the complete length of the pipe will still be around 5 feet. We will have to reduce the drain line...

Tried to remove strainer, screws snapped [ 2 Answers ]

I tried to remove the strainer in our stall shower today to get in there and clean out the drain; the house is 50 years old (but new to us) and I don't think the strainer had been removed in a long time (if ever). It's about 3" in diameter, held in by two screws opposite one another. The screws...

PVC pipe to kitchen drain/strainer leak [ 3 Answers ]

How do I securely fasten the connection from the pvc pipe to the strainer? I have the plastic stopper inside the strainer nut that screws into the drain tightly but water trickles from the connection. The pvc pipe can slide up and down when the nut to the strainer is securely fastened. What do I...

Replacement shower drain strainer [ 6 Answers ]

Our tiled in shower in the basement has a very rusty drain strainer (and rusty drain underneath it). I've looked for a replacement strainer, but none of them comes large enough to fit. The old strainer is 5 7/8 " in diameter. It has OLYMPIC stamped on it. Can I find a replacement? If not, do...

View more questions Search