Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clowy7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2010, 06:50 AM
    My months is addicted to sleeping pills & alcohol
    My mother has been addicted on sleeping pills and alcohol since I can remember, this is very hard for me. I use to be embarrest when I was growing up, had trouble asking her questions as she was always in a daze at night or over weekends, always came in trouble as she couldn't remember a thing. I get jealous of other parents who visits their daughters and have fun together. Even when my mother is awake, it has now come to this point where I do not want to give her the time of day to even speak to me.

She is still married to my father for over 25 years no( I'm 24). I older sister was mollested by my father ( not his child) and she moved in and out the house sevral times to safety houses and so on.

Today I'm a lesbian, don't think it has too much to do with my other, I just prefer woman to men.

My trouble is that I really want to love my mother and have a relationship with her, but she always dissapoints me , on mothers day she will rather go out with her boss( think they have something on for the past 8 years now... that's all that she can talk about, then again, it is the only time that she is awake, is when she is at work) and then she comes home on mothers day, all drugged up by the time she arrives and the whole day is ruiend, the same for birthdays and xmas, and any other day actually.

I lashed out on her a few times and told her what I feel like, she just forgets it the next day and pretend there is nothing wrong, or goes on this emotional trip and feels so sorry for herself, because her daughter doesn't love her anymore - ag please...

And them I'm in 2 - I want to love her, I want to tell her everything in my mind, I want to phone her and see how she is doing.

For a good month or two now, I am not able to cope with this, and all of this is causein a light depression, feels like my joy is taken away...

This is a lot of words, I don't even know if this all makes sense, but it feels so good to get it out.
    SeanMcC1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Feb 9, 2010, 10:03 AM
    Nobody can change your mothers behavior except your mother. There is help out there but she has to want the help or it doesn't do any good. You need to focus on helping yourself with the feelings you are having. There is a group called Alanon, they have meeting everywhere. It's just a group of people who are going through or have been through similar situations and they can be a great source of support for you. Try a meeting, what can it hurt?
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 9, 2010, 01:59 PM

Unfortunately, it would be wise to expect nothing good from your mom, and keep your distance, so you are not disappointed by her actions.

Seeking out Alanon is a good suggestion by the other poster, not just for help, and support, but education, and ideas, by others who are experienced with what your dealing with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Addicted to diet pills [ 4 Answers ]

Ive always been the girl who has been concerened with her weight... I was really skinny in the 9th grade and then when I got with my boyfriend I got comfertable. So comfy that my weight shot up to about 160 pounds this made me a very inscure person and my boyfriend and his mom always knew that.....

Addicted to Alcohol [ 11 Answers ]

My boyfriend is addicted to alcohol and he knows it but he doesn't stop, he says there is nothing wrong with it? I told him drinking a beer or two is fine but going on like tomorrow the alcohol is going to vanish from the earth is not normal. He is used to drink every day (a case of beer, if not...

Addicted to sleeping pills [ 7 Answers ]

My doctor started me on sleeping pills, now I can't sleep without them. Every night I take one prescribed TERAZOLAM 1.25MG plus one PM over the counter pill. It gives me sleep OK but I'd rather not depend on them. For rehab do I just STOP and not sleep for a month? Or is there an easier way?...

Addicted to sleeping/pain pills [ 7 Answers ]

There is no doubt that I'm addicted to sleeping pills (Triazolam) and I must take one every night at bedtime. However, it will only give me at most 4 hours sleep, so in addition to the sleeping pill I take a PM pain/sleep pill. That gives me 6 hours of sleep. Now I'm addicted to that as well. Do...

Addicted to sleeping pills [ 9 Answers ]

Almost 5 years ago, a doctor perscribed stilnox for me to help with sleeping since I had depression and couldn't sleep. Gradually, I started taking more and more of the pills to fall asleep.. and afterwards, I started taking them during the day because I believed they made me feel better, or at...

View more questions Search