Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jill anne cahill Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 17, 2009, 06:37 PM
    How do I alternatively plead an action for quiet title, an action based upon adverse
    How do I plead a cause of action for quiet title based on a boundary dispute and then plead alternatively for title based upon adverse possession and then plead alternatively for prescriptive easement?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Dec 19, 2009, 10:03 AM

Hello jill:

I'm one of the real estate experts here.. Interestingly, one of the reasons I'm an expert here, is NOT because I know a lot of real estate law (and I do), but because I'm able to distinguish between the things our clients CAN do on their own, and those they CAN'T.

Your matter is ANYTHING but simple. And, there's an even bigger item to consider. Even if I DID know how to plead your case, and I don't, I have NO idea how to defeat the counter argument the opposing lawyer is going to make. You certainly don't think he's just going to lay down because you submit motions, even if they are really pretty.

You need a real estate litigator.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 19, 2009, 03:51 PM

You can not do action for quiet title unless you are the owner, so you would have to do the adverse possession first.

Same with the easement, unless you have standing ( own the other property)

Second, this is not somehting you can do on your own, as excon mentioned, I have been to law school, worked with Justice Dept and I would not even start this without an attorney.
    calgirl58 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 24, 2010, 07:57 AM
    Adverse possession is an unpopular thing to do. Most Judges in California do not go for it. Essentially you are asking a judge to allow a non owners right to supercede an owner's right. I know because it happened to me... the non owner lost and I won. All I had to do was show up and prove the land was mine.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Quiet title action in foreclosure [ 14 Answers ]

HI. We have been trying to negotiate a short sale for a property in foreclosure. We have a signed contract from the wife. Her ex-husband, also on the title and loan, has not been in contact with her or even his own family for years. (Wife didn't even know they were divorced, but I found online...

Quiet title action [ 2 Answers ]

How long should it take a law firm to complete a quiet title action if no complications come up, on a residential house that was bought at a county tax deed sale? Thanks for your respons. :rolleyes:

Quiet title action [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a mobile home park in 2005. Since we bought it cash the usual requirements for surveys etc. did not apply. We had an old survey which was lost so we proceeded to closing with no objections from our attorney . We bought the park and now 4 years later we applied for a loan on the park. Turns...

Quiet title action [ 1 Answers ]

How do I file a quiet title action in nj

Quiet Title Action [ 2 Answers ]

I have a customer applying for a Reverse Mortgage. He is married, his wife does not live in the homestead and she is not, and never been, on the title. She cannot be found. The property is in the state of Michigan. Can the borrower obtain a Quiet Title Action to clear his wife off the title under...

View more questions Search