Dec 16, 2009, 02:55 PM

What kind of caulk?
    bostonian Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Dec 16, 2009, 04:14 PM

Not sure
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Dec 17, 2009, 10:04 AM

Silicone caulks are hard to remove, though there are products that will do it. Talk to someone at a home improvement center.

Other types of caulks can be scraped off. There are also products that will dissolve latex caulks.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kitchen Sink/Garbage Disposal back up into Basement Utility Sink [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. Our house is an expanded & completely remodelled older home, with new main floor kitchen incl. garbage disposal and dishwasher which drains into kitchen sink line. Our kitchen sink drain will sometimes backup into our utility sink in the basement, including solid food particles from the...

Cannot remove sprayer line connection under kitchen sink [ 2 Answers ]

I tightened the packing nut from behind the shut off valve to fix that leaking issue... now the sprayer line is leaking from either from the nut or the collar that sits just below the nut.. I cannot tighten or loosen it to remove it. There is no space in there for a wrench to maneuver

Relocating Sink Drain/Vent to Dedicated Stack Serving Kitchen Sink & Dishwasher [ 3 Answers ]

I am relocating an upstairs vanity sink from one wall to another (also going from single to double bowl). Rather than relocate the drain and vent pipe, I am hoping that I can tie into a 1-1/2" copper vent pipe that is located right behind the vanities intended location. The copper vent pipe is from...

Fog horn noise when using taps in bathroom sink and kitchen sink [ 1 Answers ]

There has developed, in the last week, a "fog horn" sound when we turn on the hot or cold taps in the bathroom or kitchen. It does not occur when we use the washer or dishwasher. Could anyone give some advise on what could be the cause of this?

Old kitchen sink P-Trap - how to remove? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi! I have a clogged kitchen sink in my apartment that hasn't responded to drain cleaners, plumbing, enzymes, etc. It's an old house, old sink, old iron pipes. I rent, so I'm not going to take the whole thing out and replace it with PVC. There's lots of advice online about removing the p-trap...

View more questions Search