Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Garry13179 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2006, 02:12 PM
    Harbor breeze fan works but lights don't
    I just installed a harbor breeze fan and light kit, I just wanted to know how to wire it up if I have a white/black/and copper wire from ceiling and black/blue/white/and two green wires from the kit... Do you wire the blue and black from kit to black in ceiling, white to white in ceiling and greens to copper?
    dayslug24 Posts: 62, Reputation: 5

Nov 12, 2006, 04:01 PM
    From your ceiling you have a black, white, and bare copper - black is the hot, white is your common, or return, and the bare copper is your ground.
    The blue and black on your fan are both meant to be hot- they both connect to the black wire coming from your ceiling. The white from the fan goes to the white from the ceiling (common) and both greens connect to the bare copper wire coming from the ceiling, so yes, you are correct. Its good practice to run the bare wire to the case of your fan box (if it's a metal ceiling box) then pick it up with the greens from the fan.
    With this wiring you have available from the ceiling, you can not control the light and fan separatly from 2 switches, as current will feed both light and fan through the same wire. This will be fine, as you can turn light and/or fan on off with the little pull chains on the unit.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2006, 09:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Garry13179
    Do you wire the blue and black from kit to black in ceiling, white to white in ceiling and greens to copper?
    Yes.

http://www.ceiling-fans-n-more.com/c...fan-wiring.php

If you have the blue AND black from the fan connected to the black from the ceiling, the lights should work. Check the connections at the light kit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Harbor Breeze fan [ 6 Answers ]

I have a habor breeze flush mount fan that is 10 years old (I use it ALL the time) and it is making a lot of noice recently. Can there be something done to stop the noice? Can it be oiled in some way?

Harbor breeze fan [ 4 Answers ]

I have a harbor breeze ceiling with a remote that was never wired in.can I reverse the fan direction manually.

Harbor Breeze fan [ 3 Answers ]

Have a Harbor Breeze fan -Model AER52BP5LKRC - It has a 3 speed fan, lights w/ dimmer and a remote. The fan works fine with the remote. But the light only goes on and off - it won't dim. Is it wiring or the fan/lights?

Harbor breeze fan [ 1 Answers ]

We recently installed a harbor breeze fan. It worked fine initially, then did strange things. It stopped spinning one direction and reversed itself. It did this twice. Now the speed of the fan is not working at all - it barely turns. An electrician checked the installation and checked the...

Harbor Breeze fan [ 3 Answers ]

Just installed my fan and everything works perfectly. After 10 minutes, the HI speed does not work anymore when pushed on the remote (the fan is just stopped) and it looks like MED and LOW speeds are the same. Can anybody help me with this? Thanks

View more questions Search