Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bearrocks Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2009, 04:01 PM
    Electrical fault
    I have a whirlpool gas range with electronic igniters. A tree hit the house service line causing some breakers to pop. When I reset the breakers the digital control on the range fizzled and smoked. The igniters don't work but I can still get gas to the range.
    Newton1Law Posts: 60, Reputation: 5

Dec 5, 2009, 04:50 PM

Sounds like you receieved a voltage surge from the fault. Did you contact you loacl utility company?
    bearrocks Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 5, 2009, 07:08 PM

Everything reset (water heater, furnace, etc) and started working fine. I thought all was on but the electronic control on the range didn't seem to fry until I reset the breaker. I just worry about the gas and whether I can use the range until I can get an appliance person out here to look at it.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Dec 5, 2009, 07:12 PM

You should be fine. The gas controls are manual and control the gas directly, I believe. As you move the gas control, that's a signal to start the spark igniter.

Looks like that control fried.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Dec 5, 2009, 07:26 PM

If the gas is still working fine with the knob, are you merely lighting it with a match or lighter ?
    Most of the electronic on many gas stoves are merely for lighting the gas.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is it possible to get no fault auto accident changed to at fault? [ 0 Answers ]

The police declared the auto accident I was in a no fault because there was no witness to claim who was at fault. Should he have done more investigating to determine fault? Can I hire someone to investigate where fault was?

Electrical fault [ 1 Answers ]

What is an electrical fault?

John Deere 740 Lawn Tractor Electrical fault [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, wonder if anyone can help. My lawn tractor has sat since January 09 without being run. As a result when I tried to start it tonight the starter solenoid chattered because of the low battery and the engine didn`t turn over. I attempted to jump start the lawn tractor using a fully charged car...

Electrical Fault [ 1 Answers ]

Why does my outlet have an "open hot" condition ?

Electrical fault [ 2 Answers ]

A question for any electricians out there,my power supply went the other day but has been restarted again,everything is working apart from the extractor can in the kitchen.there is power running to the cable but no out put to appliances.also there is power running in the neutral wire too.whats...

View more questions Search