Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    canman93 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 7, 2009, 11:12 AM
    Hunter Ceiling Fan
    I have a Hunter Ceiling Fan in my kids room that is only three months old. One day the fan stopped working and the light now only works via the pull chain. Is there a way to remove the remote receiver permanently and operate completely by the chains? Thanks.
    Thumperfla Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2009, 12:18 AM

I just recently purchased the Hunter remote controlled fan for my bed room and I remember reading that if you wanted to use it without the remote you just wired it like you would on a normal install. Haven't personally tried it because my remote still works... now only if I could get someone to answer my thread lol... I hope this helps you out a bit as I'm not an electrician but have found myself pretty handy over the past twenty years
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Nov 12, 2009, 10:04 PM

How many pullchains does it have?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I fix my ceiling fan switch? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, new to this site... I bought a Hunter ceiling fan from the depot and installed it and it worked fine until one of the kids snapped the chain off in the switch and it was stuck on low. I went and bought a new 4-wire switch for it and installed it. Now when I plug my switch housing into the fan...

Hunter ceiling fan [ 3 Answers ]

This ceiling fan only works on medium speed and it should have 3. We replaced the switch and that wasn't it. Is there an easy fix? Should we just get a new one.

Hunter Ceiling Fan [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Hunter ceiling fan but I don't know the name of it. It has a remote but no pull chains. The problem is I can control the fan with the remote but the light button the remote has stopped controlling the light on the fan. I can kill the power to fan from the wall. I want the fan to run...

Hunter ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

What is the wiring configuration for a new fan switch. I did not notice the order when the old one was removed. It is a four wire combo consisting of Blk, Brwn, Grn and gray

View more questions Search