Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jmize Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 10, 2007, 09:55 AM
    Hunter Ceiling Fan
    I have a Hunter ceiling fan but I don't know the name of it. It has a remote but no pull chains. The problem is I can control the fan with the remote but the light button the remote has stopped controlling the light on the fan. I can kill the power to fan from the wall. I want the fan to run without the light. The codes have not changed, I have changed the batteries in the remote but still the light will not turn off unless all power has been taken away. Any and all help is appreiciated.
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Nov 10, 2007, 02:25 PM
    What happens when you push the light button on the remote, does the LED light?

It is either the remote or receiver that is broken, more likely the receiver. You can order a new one from Hunter, or you can just install a pullchain on the light.
    jmize Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2007, 08:59 AM
    The LED light comes on. I think you are right on the receiver. Thank you for your help.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hunter ceiling fan switch [ 1 Answers ]

I just moved into a place with a hunter ceiling fan/light. At first the wall switch seemed to do something (there is no remote and there are no pull chains), although it seemed random to me. Now the wall switch does nothing. And without a remote or pull chain--nothing. Any advice to get that fan...

Hunter ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

What is the wiring configuration for a new fan switch. I did not notice the order when the old one was removed. It is a four wire combo consisting of Blk, Brwn, Grn and gray

Hunter ceiling fan wiring [ 1 Answers ]

I need help with wiring a hunter baseball fan light switch. The old switch broke and I have a new one. There are only two wires coming from it(black and black w/with stripe). I have tried to connect with others but is not working, any help please thanks

Removing a hunter ceiling fan [ 1 Answers ]

We are trying to remove a hunter ceiling fan.we unscrewed every screw and still can't get it down the only thing that is left is the black motor I guess,it spins and the canopy is left also.there is not screws on the canopy.we have tried everything even hanging from it but nothing seems to...

View more questions Search