Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    britani0789 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2009, 04:26 PM
    What am I entitled to in divorce in ga
    What am I entitled to though we have only been married a little over a year?

What am I entitled to in a divorce in ga that my husband wants but I don't? We have only been married a little over a year?

My husband wants a divorce. He has been verbally abusive at times, but I still love him. He says he hates my guts now and wants divorce. Is there anything I can/should do to work it out? He gave me papers yesterday.

Okay, my husband and I have been married a year now. Tomorrow being our first anniversary. However, he served me divorce papers yesterday. I don't want a divorce and do believe that we can work it out, but he said he has made his final decision and that's that. He said he hates my guts now and it won't/can't work out. We have been falling apart emotionally ever since he got out of the army and we moved back to GA. Along with his bachelor dad moving in with us. That's on of the problems.

He started paying more attention to his dad than me. Staying up till 3 or 5 in the morning on the computer with him. He is now addicted to runescape. I haven't gotten attention in months. He says things sometimes that hurt my feelings and when I try to tell him he doesn't care. He has been to anger management in the past and needs to go back but won't.

When he is in a bad mood he doesn't care and is extremely stubborn. Things that should make a difference don't. He blames everything on me and whenever something happens on the computer he automatically believes I did something though I didn't. I'm tired of being accused of things I haven't done or said or meant.

I do have trust issues coming from my relationship with my mom and dad. I do ask him if he has cheated on me and believe him when he says no. But he is tired of being accused and says that because of that and my insecurities we can't make it work. Is there anything I can do to stop this divorce.
    Sorry this is so long.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 17, 2009, 05:06 PM

Are you still living together, Or has he moved out, or have you moved out,

But no in GA you can delay it by having an attorney and fighting him in court for everything ( unless he just gives it to you) but in the end, it goes to the judge and you will be divorced.

And personally why do you want him if after only a year he is this bad, sounds like you can do so much better
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 17, 2009, 05:12 PM

Also please stop posting the same or similar question all over the boards

I have merged them all here. Future ones will merely be deleted.

If you have more info to add, just add it here as a answer to your original question

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Entitled to pension? [ 1 Answers ]

I got married 10/2/99 in NYC. I now live in Atlanta, my spouse still lives in NYC. This year will make 10 years. We have three minor children together. I filed for divorce in Atlanta but my spouse refused to sign. My spouse now filed in NYC and is sending the paperwork to me. Before I sign, I want...

Who is entitled to property [ 2 Answers ]

My mother in law passed away leaving no will, but several properties. The family is arguing about who is entitled to monies gained from the sale of the properties. She had six children, two of whom are deceased. Do the remaining 4 children split four ways or do the heirs of the two deceased...

What he is entitled to [ 6 Answers ]

Hi my mother inlaw has been divorced for about 23yrs... she has been with her new partner for about 20yrs... she recently passed away. Her will says that the house belongs entirely to her boys. My question, is her partner entitled to half the house although her will says no. Please note that we...

Am I entitled to rent? [ 11 Answers ]

I had a house I co-owned with a friend. I bought his half and the house is now in my name only and my wife and I are living there. My friend and I had agreed that we would get an appraisal and I would then pay him an amount equal to half the equity. He would then sign a quit claim deed, signing the...

Am I entitled any of the property value should we divorce [ 3 Answers ]

My husband inherited a house a year before we married. Since then we have added me onto the title and remortgaged the property. Am I entitled to any of it should we divorce?

View more questions Search