Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Siris Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2009, 06:16 AM
    80's/90's Children's Anime Birthday Planet
    The characters featured in the movie lived in space, on a happy "birthday" planet. They were shaped a little like the Charlie Brown character "Snoopy", except with a rounder, (although it may have been a flat heart-nose) red nose; pink skin; and large eye-whites, with a small black dot to denote the iris (as opposed to some other, googly-eyed anime).

It came on a VHS as a movie, I think (Although it wasn't one movie plot, but rather like a few episodes/stories on this one particular VHS.)

I remember each character was based off a horoscope sign. The "Cancer" astrological sign had cute little crab-claws, an accent, and she was the "sexy" one (comparable to smurfette). These gloopy aliens kidnapped her once to make food for them (I think they were called "glub glubs", or they only knew how to say "glub glub".) Well, they lived on a trash-dump planet, so she felt sad that she couldn't find any items to make food with.

I remember a "Leo" character, too. He was really cool and saucy, and of course, he had a lion's tail.

I think I remember another female character, although this one was ditzier, I think... She found this cute little creature, and she took it home and fed it, but it kept getting huge and was going to eat the village out of house and home, so they had to let it go, but luckily; the creature's momma came along and took it away.

The series/movie focused greatly on birthdays, and celebrations, ergo the title.

I appreciate any help at all!
    tezz Posts: 35, Reputation: 3

Aug 17, 2009, 07:34 AM

I believe it's called "Star street: The Adventures of the Starkids"

Star Street is a Dutch children's cartoon that was popular both in Benelux and in the United Kingdom. The protagonists were pink big-nosed creatures comically fashioned after horoscopes of the western zodiac and was set on a small star-shaped planet in the outer reaches of the universe. The antagonists were green blobbish creatures known appropriately as blobs governed by an even larger pink blob creature. The cartoon's premise was somewhat similar to The Smurfs and The Care Bears.
    Siris Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2009, 08:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tezz View Post
    i believe it's called "Star street: The Adventures of the Starkids"

Star Street is a Dutch children's cartoon that was popular both in Benelux and in the United Kingdom. The protagonists were pink big-nosed creatures comically fashioned after horoscopes of the western zodiac and was set on a small star-shaped planet in the outer reaches of the universe. The antagonists were green blobbish creatures known appropriately as blobs governed by an even larger pink blob creature. The cartoon's premise was somewhat similar to The Smurfs and The Care Bears.
    You are correct!!
    You have my thank you, from the bottom of my heart.
    I spent about 6 hours with a friend, searching for it all night. I simply couldn't find it.

Thank you again, for taking the time to look and answer! :)
    tezz Posts: 35, Reputation: 3

Aug 17, 2009, 12:00 PM

No problem :) I'm glad I could help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80's children's anime, driving me crazy! [ 1 Answers ]

When I was very little, my nan bought me a video which I think was anime. It starts with babies in heaven being fed either blue hearts or pink hearts so when they're born they're either boys or girls. But one baby got fed both by accident. The child grew up to be a tomboy princess. (I think this...

Anime movie from 80's or 90's [ 3 Answers ]

I am 21 years old, and I remember an anime movie from when I was probably 5 or 6. I don't remember too much about it, but here is what I do know: -the main character, a boy, played in some sort of orchestra (I believe he played the claranet). -there is a girl who is some type of fairy, and she...

80's-90's animated movie, possibly anime [ 1 Answers ]

I don't know the name of this movie, and I only remember sketchy details about the plot. There is a boy who goes to a music school, or at least goes to school and he brings a clarinet with him. From what I remember of the style it could have been an anime. Anyway. There is a scene in the...

Anime or manga from 80's or 90's [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, The movie has 8 or 9 super agents named 001 to 009 or similar, one is a baby, another one is a cyborg, a black man, the main boy and his lover with long blond hair, also a funny cook They leave the world on a futuristic spaceship to save the world, they had to land on a planet for...

Manga or anime movie - 80's or 90's [ 1 Answers ]

My question is concerning a movie that could very well be a Manga or anime full length film. I had to of been about 8-10 years old (in my early 20s now) It was a cartoon for sure. It was about a young boy who lived under water and was in love with a princess (I think) and he couldn't be...

View more questions Search