Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    capgirl49 Posts: 26, Reputation: 0

Aug 9, 2009, 09:38 AM
    If UFOs are real.how can so many astronauts remain Mum?
    I am always interested in what the astronauts have to report about past or present trips in space. With the anniversary of the moon landing now currently covered in many media spots ie( cover stories/new interviews etc).. it strikes me again.. how can all these astronauts.. men and women.. older generations and younger generations.. ALL not breathe a word about seeing UFOs.. if so many UFOs supposably.. exist and visit us regularly.. how is it that the entire science community can keep quiet about this?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2009, 09:44 AM

Buzz Aldrin and others use to talk about their UFO experience on coast to coast radio with George Noory but Noory now says that Buzz has denied everything he had said

If the government doesn't want something they shut the people up that can be a threat to them.
    JimGunther Posts: 436, Reputation: 38

Aug 12, 2009, 07:30 PM

If you can read the writing on my avatar, you can see that I worked for NASA during the Apollo XI mission, the one in which mankind first landed on the Moon.

Buzz Aldrin and Dr. David Baker, a NASA senior science analyst at that time, made the following statements about what was seen in space on the Apollo XI mission. This is the second time I have heard people say that Aldrin deined making these statements, and every time I hear someone say it, I get out the videotape I have and watch him make the statements again. You will notice that the reason Aldrin gives for not acknowledging UFO's in general, and the reason scientists don't at this time, is fear of ridicule.

The quotes below were shown on at least two History Channel specials about Apollo XI:

ALDRIN:

"There was something out there that was close enough to be observed and what could it be?"

“Mike [Collins] decided he thought he could see it in the telescope. And he was able to do that and when it was in one position it had a series of ellipses. But when you made it real sharp it was sort of “L” shaped. That didn't tell us very much.”

“Obviously the three of us were not going to blurt out 'Hey Houston, we got something moving along side of us and we don't know what it is. Ya' know, can you tell us what it is?'. We weren't about to do that, cause we know that those transmissions would be heard by all sorts of people and who knows what somebody would have demanded that we turn back because of aliens or whatever the reason is so we didn't do that but we did decide we would just cautiously ask Houston how far away was the S-IVB [the last stage of the ascent rocket]."

"And a few moments later why they came back and said something like it was 6,000 miles away because of the maneuver so we really didn't think we were looking at something that far away. So we decided that after awhile of watching it it was time to sleep, and not to talk about it any more until we came back in debriefing.”

BAKER:

"NASA knew very little about the object reported by the Apollo XI crew. It was obviously an unidentified flying object but such objects were not uncommon and the history of even the Earth-orbit space flights going back over the previous years indicated that several crews saw objects. There were a lot of people within the program who went off later became convinced that UFO's existed. And that led to some concern on NASA's part where they got the agreement of the crew never to publically talk about these things for fear of ridicule.”

Prior to working for NASA, I was in the Air Force (Strategic Air Command) during the height of the Cold War. On the last day of my enlistment, I had to swear an oath not to talk about what I did or saw in SAC, under penalty of a jail term in accordance with Title 18 of the U.S. Code. If you do an Internet search for "Minot" and "UFO" you might see some of what I am talking about. Between the Air Force and NASA, I can guarantee you that evidence exists that would lead any reasonable person to believe that we are not alone in the universe, despite the fear of ridicule or anything else.

Aug 12, 2009, 08:25 PM

Its Finished!!

Aug 12, 2009, 08:46 PM

Since most of the above was other people's words, let me add a few of my own about the "fear of ridicule" aspect of our current situation. There is no doubt in my mind that as our primitive society advances, we will eventually come to the point when an incident will occur that will make it so blatantly obvious that we are not alone in the universe that we will have no choice but to acknowledge it. That time has already come for me.

We are a primitive society because we only have a short history (say a few hundred years) in scientific advancement and a long way to go in brainpower (we only use a small part of what the brain is capable of). Our primitive nature would become very obvious if a UFO were to come to the United Nations complex in New York City and hover there (like in the movies) in an attempt to make contact with us. You know what would happen if you know anything at all about New York City. Every thug with a piece would open up on the spacecraft and get a great laugh out of it. I personally feel that we as a civilization don't currently have the intellect to responsibly deal with such an event. For this and other reasons, persons who have experienced such events are often held up to ridicule as opposed to being seriously considered.
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2009, 09:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JimGunther View Post
    Let me add a few moewe words about the "fear of ricicule" aspect of our current thinking on this subject.
    Go for it.

I do think people in trying to explain the paranormal or conspiracy theories DO go overboard and then the whole concept is ridiculed. So people/the government doesn't do too much about it because they are in effect discrediting theirself but that is more like in the case of Michael Moores and Alex Jones.

I think if more Buzz Aldrins stood up for things it would be more believable.
    They say the statistics now show that almost half the population of the USA say they do believe in extraterrestrials
    FlyYakker Posts: 378, Reputation: 41

Aug 15, 2009, 03:39 AM

Having a certain number of people "believe" something is real has no relevance as to whether it is real or not.

Aug 15, 2009, 03:43 AM

For sure, the information provided above simply depicts incidents in which the goings-on didn't leave much doubt in the minds of the people experiencing them as to what was happening. But, as I said, if one of those things hovered next to the United Nations Building and beings came out and tried to make contact, that would pretty much remove any doubt from the general public, wouldn't it? The fact that a large number of people don't have "up close and personal" experiences like that is certainly one reason that UFO's are not generally accepted as real.
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2009, 04:34 AM

Yeah more and more reputable people are reporting the UFO's and it is getting to be accepted as real.
    Why would Europe and Russia be disclosing their UFO reports if there weren't something to them?

http://www.nuforc.org/

http://ixquick.com/do/metasearch.pl

Too many factual reports on UFO's around the world now. AND why would UFO drawings be in ancient caves if they hadn't seen them too?
    scottryan1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2011, 12:54 AM
    Well if they could get here, they would be flying a unseen speeds, 10,000 if not million times the speed of light.
    Well if they were going them speed, you would not see then, even if you did not blink.

Its like a magnetic field. A MIR scanned pulls metal to it fast. Its magnetic field is 0.5 GUASS. The earth magnetic field is 1 GAUSS. The strongest magnetic field in the world is 1000 trillion GAUSS wow.

If we make magnetic fields really strong. Now they are at 400,000 GAUSS. We could pull to metal / iron planets, or be like putting a magnetic field to each other. So like 2 magnetic pull to each other, you you face them, to each other. You would make mass strong magnetic fields, to pull to metal or magnetic fields.

Well the strongest magnetic field in the world, is 1000 trillion GUASS (wow) that would rip you way beyond the speed of light by 1000s of times. & WHEN THAT field get compressed and explodes, you times 3 gauss by 10 billion GAUSS. So 300+ trillion GAUSS, times 10 billion GAUSS. Wow wow. That would be the a number I could not add up. That force would be unbelievably. It would be trillions of km/s. trillion times the speed of light.

But, it may work like the Hubble telescope, by the way it has to look & weight, to so see the galaxies. But this would lock on, the you would be pulled at a mass speed.
    In English, not that this is. If it took 5 years to reach Jupiter to make that connections, you would be pulled to is way 1 trillion times faster then that.

Its so attracted to the field of metal, that a field of that force, would pull you at such a speed its not funny. I done even this the people at nasa have added it up yet.

It comes down to it like this. If you wanted to, you would just pull yourself with that mass speed to Jupiter from earth. The speed you made from that, would send you at a mass speed. Once you got near the next star, you would pull again, getting faster & faster.
    Even if you first went past the sun, weighted to they / it lined up, then got a bigger run up.
    Well NASA WOULD NOW BE LOOKING INTO THIS WAY OF SPACE TRAVAIL THAT I TOLD THEM.ITS THE ONLY HOPE WE HAVE OF SPACE TRAVAIL. THE NEAREST START IS 1000 LIGHT YEARS AWAY. EVEN IF YOU TRAVAILED AT THE SPEED OF LIGHT, IT WOULD TAKE 1000 MILLION YEARS TO GET THERE. A LONG TIME ANYWAY.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Feb 4, 2011, 07:05 AM

Scotty:

Your understanding of how magnetic fields work and why it's impossible for any body with mass to go faster than the speed of light is way off target. First - magnetic fields operate at the speed of light, not any faster than that. And second, an object's mass increases to infinity as the object's speed approaches the speed of light, per the Lorentz transformation:

Given that the force needed to accelerate an object is given by F=Ma, the result is that it takes an infinite force to accelerate an object that is of infinite mass. So no matter how strong the force from a magnetic field (or any other source) is, it's not enough to get a body to reach the speed of light.

One other correction - the closest star to earth (after the sun) is around 4.4 LYs away, not 1000 LYs.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remain his friend or what? [ 9 Answers ]

Well guys as in my other posts, I was with a guy for 4 months, he had said I was everything he wanted in a woman but just didn't have the feelings for me. But I was confused by that and he said I was too nice to him and offering to do things for him was being too pushy. Well I have always been a...

Who can get the right to remain? [ 1 Answers ]

How long do I need to stay in the UK to get the right to remain?

How to express All the Other Variables Remain the Same [ 1 Answers ]

Or Unchanged? I ever saw a phrase or word in a textbook and it seems to be a Latin word/phrase. It is odd if you repeat "All the Other Variables Remain the Same/unchaged" again and again in the paper! Thanks a lot

View more questions Search