Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2009, 02:14 PM

I agree there is nothing wrong in baptising a baby other than many people who do are following tradition that they really don't understand from a Biblical point.

Why do you say there is nothing in scripture which requires you to be saved?
    It is all through the Bible.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2009, 02:16 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tj3 View Post
    Agreed. There is nothing in scripture which requires that you to be saved. We are commended to be baptized as adults, so it is an act of obedience, but there is nothing telling us that babies are to be baptized. There is nothing wrong with doing so, but it will not affect the baby's salvation, nor does it count as believer's baptism.
    "which requires you to be saved"?
    Tj3 Posts: 3,028, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 02:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    "which requires you to be saved"?
    The context is baptism - nothing that requires you to be baptized to be saved.
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 02:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post

Why do you say there is nothing in scripture which requires you to be saved?
    It is all through the Bible.
    Sorry I meant that requires you to be baptized to be saved.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2009, 02:25 PM
    The context is baptism - nothing that requires you to be baptized to be saved.
    Good save!
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2009, 02:30 PM

I also was getting confused over who was claiming what vs claiming what they were claiming the other was stating.

I think I got it now. You both agree you have to be saved and baptism is not necessary for baby's but it is not wrong either.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2009, 02:34 PM
    I think I got it now. You both agree you have to be saved and baptism is not necessary for babys but it is not wrong either.
    Babies are commanded by God to be baptized. I was born on Nov. 10th and baptized on Dec. 2nd.
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 02:36 PM
    I also was getting confused over who was claiming what vs claiming what they were claiming the other was stating.

I think I got it now. You both agree you have to be saved and baptism is not necessary for babys but it is not wrong either.
    Where I suspect that she and I differ is on what the meaning is of a baby baptism. I do not see any significance given to it in scripture. I would therefore see it being like a dedication. I definitely do not see it being equal to adult believer's baptism.
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 02:36 PM
    Babies are commanded by God to be baptized.
    References?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2009, 02:38 PM
    References?
    Already given in this thread.
    Ultra Member

Jul 14, 2009, 02:40 PM
    Already given in this thread.
    The only one that I saw you give is:

""Go ye therefore...baptize all nations." (Babies are part of "all nations.")"

That does not command babies to be baptized, or if you assume that, it would mean that non-believers should be baptized also. Is that what you mean to say?
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2009, 02:43 PM

Yeah I would love to know the references other than the ONE she gave already.

MY Bible teaches submersion as an adult after you repent.
    Baby baptism is YOUR parents professing THEIR faith NOT yours
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2009, 02:43 PM

That does not command babies to be baptized, or if you assume that, it would mean that non-believers should be baptized also. Is that what you mean to say?
    Great catch!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Need clarification [ 7 Answers ]

Can someone please help me. Me and my husband have been trying to conceive for a year and this month I started spotting and getting brown discharge a week before my period starts. My period is irregular but it never came early and definitely never light. I took a test and it was negative. Is it too...

Clarification Before I Buy [ 2 Answers ]

OK.. Just getting some last minute advice before I run out and spend money lol. I am running a line out to a detached building. It will be coming out of a 200 amp service into a 60 amp breaker sub panel. I will use 6-3 w/gnd (Underground w/ conduit) to do this as well as #6 to run from the ground...

Stimulus Clarification [ 1 Answers ]

I just need some clarification as to the stimulus plan, so here are my details - I was laid off last year(2007). My wife and I filed jointly for 2007. My Gross Adjusted Income was about $9000. $3000 was Earned Income(Jobs), while the rest was Unemployment. Totally, we paid $651 in federal...

Cotangent clarification [ 1 Answers ]

My equation is this y = cot x This was a sample question in my online review. I have all the x's as x1 = 0, x2= pi/8, x3= pi/4, x4= 3pi/8, x5= pi/2, x6= 5pi/8, x7= 3pi/4, x8= pi. These are all in the lesson plan. The y's are as follows y1= domain, y2= 2.41, y3= 1, y4 = 0.41, y5 =...

Tax clarification [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I am a green card holder with us income as only gift of shares from my son.I have foreign country income from India as dividends,interest and small business income.All this I am getting in india for several years before I became a residenrt and my foreign income has no connection with any...

View more questions Search