Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drgrr Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 10, 2009, 04:52 AM
    Connect a VHS/DVD Play-Record to a T.V. Through a DVR
    I tried to connect a vhs/dvd player recorder using RCA cables from dvr to vhs/dvd and then to TV, but that didn't work because there was no signal coming from the output of the dvr. If I use a 2-way splitter with an A-B swith coming out of the wall (tv output) and a plain 2-way splitter on the input of the TV with an antenna cable from the "A" side going to the dvr and from the "B" side to the vhs/dvd and then from both to the splitter on the TV input, will this work without causing any harm to the units. Will a plain splitter without an AB switch work just as well?
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2009, 09:27 AM

Hello drgrr! Welcome to AMHD! :)

Try posting in a more appropriate section... see:

Television - Ask Me Help Desk
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Jun 11, 2009, 09:30 PM

Hi, drgrr!

Greetings and WELCOME to the site! I just moved your question that you had posted in Introductions to this forum topic area so that it will get the most exposure to those who are best able to answer it. Introductions is for people to introduce themselves and we try to not ask questions there.

It can be a little confusing when first learning how to use this site! Your question will get noticed much more in this forum topic area.

We would appreciate it if you would return to Introductions sometime to tell us a little about yourself though, if you would be willing to do that.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Optical drives play cds, but won't play most dvds [ 1 Answers ]

Both of my optical drives will play cds, games etc. but most of the time when I pop in a dvd, I get a message from Microsoft saying it has encountered a problem and needs to close, and the dvd will not play. The error number is 1000. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! ...

How to connect SAT/DVR unit to VCR/DVD recorder to record from DVR? [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Dishnetwork SAT/DVR unit and just got a Magnavox DVD/VCR combo unit with both having recording capabilities. I want to put my DVR movies on to DVD. What do I need to connect where to make this all happen. I also have a DVD surround sound unit to add to this mixed up mess of electrical...

How to connect one vcr to another on to record [ 2 Answers ]

how can I connect vcr's to record from one vcr to other one. how do I connect two vcr's one to play and the other one to record? How can hook up them up? Please sent a picture to how hook them up together. Thank you. jerryoe

View more questions Search