Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lisams Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jun 9, 2009, 10:59 AM
    Kenmore Dishwasher 363.16179100 Won't Start
    I have been using this dishwasher for over 3 years then all of a sudden this morning it
    Would not turn on. It acts like you have not locked it at all. You know when you turn the
    Knob without it being locked it won't do nothing but click from the knob as you go through
    The cycles? What part would it be I need to replace to fix this? It is going to be at least
    3 days before the repair guy can come I have a BIG family and I don't want to hand wash.
    Thanks
    Lisa
    Hot Corn Bread Posts: 70, Reputation: 3

Jun 13, 2009, 04:46 PM
    Go checked the circuit breakers in the house power panel. I think you indicate it is totally dead dead.

Jun 17, 2009, 08:18 AM
    I had already checked that breaker. Turned out to be a ground wire was coming loose
    Because original install used only tape to hold it together.
    Thanks
    Hot Corn Bread Posts: 70, Reputation: 3

Jun 17, 2009, 03:34 PM
    Does this mean it is working again? Taped together ground wire ?
    Lord help us because you know we need it?

:rolleyes::)

Jun 18, 2009, 01:16 PM
    Yeah it is fixed. Had to get a service call to find out. Of course it worked right after he
    Opened the bottom, but when he went to put it back together he got shocked. HaHa that is
    When he found the wire just hanging. So at least it wasn't a broken part!
    Thanks
    Lisa

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Dishwasher won't start [ 25 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher (model 665.1588) that will no longer start. Its roughly 4 years old. The Cancel/Drain button starts the 2 minute drain cycle, so I know its getting power. The China/Gentle light is the only cycle light that lights up (but I can't start it either). ...

Dishwasher kenmore will not start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a kenmore 15529 dishwasher, The problem I have is nothing is working. The lights come on but past that there is no water that starts to come on and after a short while you smell a burning odor. Does anyone know what could be wrong or what to do. Thanks so much!! :(

Kenmore dishwasher won't start [ 1 Answers ]

My dishwasher is Kenmore model 665.15812990. It won't start at all. I've tested the door hinge with my multimeter and it shows continuity when engaged. I alo tested the thermal fuse which shows continuity between the leads. Could the fuse still be the problem or are there any other things to...

Kenmore dishwasher won't start [ 2 Answers ]

I have a model 587.1551590 and it won't start. It was relunctant for a few times.. after flipping switches and turning dial managed to get it started but don't know which switch or button "fixed" it tempararily... When it did start the wash cycle worked fine. Now I can't get it start at all. I...

View more questions Search