Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    trevsmiley Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 23, 2008, 02:20 PM
    Kenmore dishwasher won't start
    My dishwasher is Kenmore model 665.15812990. It won't start at all. I've tested the door hinge with my multimeter and it shows continuity when engaged. I alo tested the thermal fuse which shows continuity between the leads. Could the fuse still be the problem or are there any other things to check before replacing the whole console? I can solder and have access to parts so I could repair the console if it's just a bad component.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 23, 2008, 05:37 PM

Try cleaning out the drain at the bottom of the basket. This is one of those clever safety thingys they put into the system so that the motor does not burn out. Take the plastic screen off the drain hole and remove a lot of the built up gook and gunk and try running a full cycle empty. Then reclean the drain and get more goop out. I have to do this to my dishwasher every so often and it allows this cute little safety feature to stop working and let my dishwasher work instead. Got to trick the system or spend a bunch for a repairdude to clean it out for you and hand you a bill for big bucks. Try that first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore Dishwasher won't start [ 25 Answers ]

Hi, I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash Dishwasher (model 665.1588) that will no longer start. Its roughly 4 years old. The Cancel/Drain button starts the 2 minute drain cycle, so I know its getting power. The China/Gentle light is the only cycle light that lights up (but I can't start it either). ...

Dishwasher kenmore will not start [ 1 Answers ]

I have a kenmore 15529 dishwasher, The problem I have is nothing is working. The lights come on but past that there is no water that starts to come on and after a short while you smell a burning odor. Does anyone know what could be wrong or what to do. Thanks so much!! :(

Kenmore dishwasher won't start [ 2 Answers ]

I have a model 587.1551590 and it won't start. It was relunctant for a few times.. after flipping switches and turning dial managed to get it started but don't know which switch or button "fixed" it tempararily... When it did start the wash cycle worked fine. Now I can't get it start at all. I...

Kenmore Elite Dishwasher Not Start [ 1 Answers ]

Dishwasher does not start. Checked electrical panel, diswasher connection, door switch all OK.

View more questions Search