Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kensdobs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2009, 08:23 PM
    Installing Central AC unit
    Can I have a new central AC unit installed without replacing my gas furnace, which is about 25yrs old?
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jun 6, 2009, 09:12 PM
    Well, yes you could, but,but,25 years is being very lucky and getting close to end of its life,but sometimes we have to do what we have to do
    dac122 Posts: 463, Reputation: 17

Jun 8, 2009, 05:11 AM

Yes. I would determine the efficiency of your current furnace and see if its worth upgrading with the new A/C, since your current furnace is near its end of life. You might get an end of season deal on a new furnace.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Installing central A/c and heat [ 1 Answers ]

I plan on installing central heat and a/c to an old Jim walters home which is 2 story. I feel that I should have separate units for each floor, but an wobdering if this is cost effective. I am guessing that each level is about 1000 sq ft. The lower is well insulated , but the upper, we feel has...

Installing a new shower unit to replace old tub unit [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Everyone! My husband and I are trying to install a replacement shower unit that fits in the space that our one unit tub was... The old one unit bath tub had walls that went up on all sides and had to be cut up in order to remove the unit from the house. The old tub unit was installed when we...

Central air unit fan not turning when unit on [ 3 Answers ]

Recently our central air unit stop producing cool air and noticed our fan was not turning outside, and was making a loud humming noise, can this fan be replaced without replacing the entire unit :confused:

Installing Central Heat & Air [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 100 year old, two story ranch house, with NO insulation. Currently all that warms the house is one wall heater and one (seperate) A/C. I want to install a central heat and air unit. My question is: Do I need to install the central Heat and Air PRIOR to putting in insulation? Or can...

View more questions Search