Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mikecox1 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2009, 01:37 PM
    Romex through brick wall
    I want to add an outlet on the exterior of my house. Can I run romex directly through a brick wall with no conduit to an exterior receptical that would be mounted over the hole the wire ran through?

Thanks in advance for any information submitted.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 9, 2009, 01:40 PM

This is acceptable as long as the Romex is not exposed.
    mikecox1 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Apr 9, 2009, 01:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ballengerb1 View Post
    This is acceptable as long as the Romex is not exposed.
    Thanks B.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Refinishing brick wall [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I just knocked down drywall in my kitchen to expose my brick chimney. It is old and rough. I want to clean it up and perhaps smooth it and keep it as natural as possible. How should I do this? What are the steps? I do want a finish on it , like a varnish of some sort? HELP!

Want to brick wall [ 1 Answers ]

Hi,I'm trying to remove paint form my kitchen wall to have just a brick wall,how do I do that?thanks.:confused::confused:

Romex code through pony wall [ 1 Answers ]

What is electrical code for running wire through a pony wall in basement when furring is present. Two options are through the stud or furring. Furring was for finished basement that was ripped out for prep retrofit? Any idea on where find this information in print on internet? Regards, Doug

Wiring in a brick wall? [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to be adding outlets to walls that are brick covered in plaster. I know that I can remove the plaster and "carve" into the brick to add the outlets. What do I use to cut into the brick? What kind of wire do I need to use in this wall so that it is safe to recover it with bonding agent...

View more questions Search