Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gary mendes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 1, 2009, 06:00 PM
    Refinishing brick wall
    Hi, I just knocked down drywall in my kitchen to expose my brick chimney. It is old and rough. I want to clean it up and perhaps smooth it and keep it as natural as possible. How should I do this? What are the steps? I do want a finish on it , like a varnish of some sort? HELP!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Mar 1, 2009, 06:09 PM

So you want to leave the appearance of exposed plain brick, right? You can add a stain to improve the brick colors with index. You can also just seal it clear masonary sealer like Masonry Sealer | Waterproofs | Brick, Concrete, Exposed Aggregate, Block Walls - Superior Industries

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Refinishing brick fireplace [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I'm Tresa and I am moving to an apt with a very ugly old red brick fireplace and was searching for a solution other than painting that I could actually use and not be in trouble with the landlord. Any suggestions?

Refinishing brick fireplace [ 13 Answers ]

I want to get rid of an ugly brick fireplace in the easiest manner. Is it possible to just prime it and use venetian plaster paint... or use a quick crete or sand topping over the brick and then prime and paint that?

Refinishing a brick wall [ 3 Answers ]

I have pulled the lathe and plaster off the brick wall and want to clean and finish the brick. Any suggestions for the easiest cleaning and what to coat it with?

Refinishing brick fireplace [ 1 Answers ]

I have a used brick fireplace, which is dark, and want to change the look. What can use/do to make it look different or more modern?

Refinishing brick fireplace [ 1 Answers ]

I've been refinishing a fireplace/mantel, which has included stripping layers of paint off the brick fireplace. After months of chemical applications, most of the paint is off, but there are still some stubborn remnants that just aren't coming out - they seem to have soaked into the brick, and...

View more questions Search