Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PURDYGIRL Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 13, 2009, 04:27 AM
    Sexual abuse in nj
    I am a 29 yr old young lady who was raped and molested by a family member at the ages of 6-9 yrs of age. I would like to know how I can pursue or if I can pursue charges against this demon. As I get older it tears me apart that this man has gotten away with what he has done. Are there statue of limitations in nj on pursuing charges against him? Please help... :(
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Mar 13, 2009, 04:32 AM

You'd have to discuss this with the Police and the DA - no easy answer and a lot depends on what years because in some areas the laws have changed.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 13, 2009, 05:32 AM

Agreed your best bet is to go to the police or the office of the DA/Prosecutor for your county. I would suggest the DA.

You can sit down with someone and discuss this case. But I have to say there is a strong possibility they will decline to prosecute. After 20 years there is no evidence, simply your word against his. Unless they can develop some other proof to corroborate your story they will be unable to successfully prosecute.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain releif in first sexual abuse [ 1 Answers ]

Any medicine for the releif of pain occurring in first sexual abuse?does that pain continue for 1 week after the first attempt?

Allegations of sexual abuse [ 23 Answers ]

I have been accused of abuse and stand to loose my children. The girl recanted her story now several times. We are getting ready to go to court. They say they "just" believe her statements she made to start with. I have a court appointed lawyer and no money to hire some high powered one. I need...

Sexual, verbal and physical abuse [ 4 Answers ]

I was married and my husband physically, sexually and verbally abused me. I charged him once with physical abuse and ended up being so scared he would kill me that I changed my plea and he got off. I suffered two years of traumatic stress and it has affected my life negatively probably forever, I...

Sexual Abuse [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I am trying to figure out if I was sexually abused as a child. I read that Freud believed repressed memories could lead to personality disorders and suicide, and I am worried. My mother asked me and my sister when we were in our early twenties if we could remember being sexually abused as...

Sexual abuse [ 16 Answers ]

I have a friend who recently told me that she is being sexually abused at home. She said her dad has been sexually abusing her since she was a little kid. She won't let me go to the cops about it, and she says if I do she will deny it on the stand if it goes to court. I don't know what to do. She...

View more questions Search