Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SandmanSDMF Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2009, 04:18 AM
    Charged with 1st offense DUI while on probation - what can I expect?
    Hello, all.

I received charges for violating my probation of one year with six weeks left to go for a first-offense DUI. My BAC was 0.09% at the time, and I was pulled over for having a headlight out. I wasn't driving recklessly, and the field sobriety test I was administered, I failed. I have poor balance to start with.

I live in Pennsylvania.

I'm not on probation any more, as my probationary period ended last January of '09. What can I expect? I was on probation for a Misdemeanor 2.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 11, 2009, 06:34 AM
    Hello S:

If you were discharged from your probation BEFORE they could violate you, then they waited too long.

It's like letting a prisoner out of jail and then discovering he broke jail rules. They can't then drag him in off the street to throw him in the hole...

If they ARE violating your NON existent probation, I'd hire an attorney.

excon
    SandmanSDMF Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2009, 01:16 PM
    Well I haven't gone to any hearings in the remainder of my probation. I had a Gagnon hearing, but it was waived/continued. Basically I haven't gone before any judge yet, and my probation was finished over a month ago.

I did the right thing and called my PO and told her when all of it happened and sent up the information that was requested, but like I said I haven't gone before a judge yet.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Probation Violation 1st Offense [ 3 Answers ]

My son is on deferred adjudication probation he recently went to comprehensive assessment and treatment services program that is part of his probation requirements. The counselor he meet with said that a couple of months ago that his urine test came back dirty. The counselor told him that he needed...

Theft 1, first offense.what to expect [ 6 Answers ]

I was caught stealing $1000 dollars from my job over a couple months time. A cop came, arrested me and took me to a holding cell where within a couple hours was fingerprinted and had mug shots taken and then was released. I already spoke with the loss prevention team at my job prior to being...

17 year charged with petty theft-1st offense [ 3 Answers ]

My 17 year son was charged with larceny by a local police force. He & another boy were in a Hollister store in NC. Its my sons first offense and has never been in trouble with law before. We have a court date. Do we need to contact a lawyer?

Probation violation 1st offense [ 3 Answers ]

My friend is on probation and got violated for the first time for obstruction of justice(1st offense ever) and a DUI(1st offense ever)but he also got charged with assault on a family member, which will be dropped by that family member before his court date for it. Does he qualify for a bond...

Violating Probation first offense [ 3 Answers ]

When I was 17yrs old I got arrested for Grand Theft Auto which became a lesser charge a misdemeanor Borrowing without Permission. I was given 2 years probation they have given me tons of breaks by not violating but today I was told they were going to violate me for not making it to these classes...

View more questions Search