Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alyssa_marie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 27, 2009, 06:52 AM
    My boyfriend is perfect.but I'm just not feeling him.
    Okay so basically I've been dating my boyfriend for about two months now, and I swear he's the most perfect guy I've ever dated. All of my past relationships, I've been with nothing but losers, until I found him... or HE found ME. I already know this is about to be a super long story but hopefully somebody will read this and give me help I'm in much need for. Okay so it all started my freshmen year of high school, this guy really liked me but was too shy to try and talk to me. He'd message me over myspace and what not but in school when I'd see him, its like I wouldn't even exist. It all came into play when I started working at the same place he was working, by that time he'd already graduated and I'd become a senior. So we work together, and that means that were basically forced to associate, so one day he asked if I wanted to hang out and thinking in my head, "well i dont have anything else to do, soo why NOT?". So I went to the movies with him, and while we were talking after the movie, he was telling me about him liking me since high school. I felt kind of "touched" in a sense that this guy still likes me since his high school days. Now about a whole month after that first little date or whatever, we started dating. And its like, this entire time we've been dating he's been just PERFECT to me.. But for some odd reason I'm just not actually "feeling" him.. Like, I'm just not that "attracted" to him like I know he is towards me... He likes me sooo much, and I swear I feel like he's going to say he "loves" me soon or something. But I know for damn sure I don't "love" him. I mean I'm not even sure if I LIKE him! :( I feel kind of horrible about this whole situation. I mean I don't want to break up with him over something stupid, cause he's the only boyfriend I've ever had to actually treat me RIGHT, the way a guy is suppose to. Im kind of at the point where I'm thinking I should probably just wait it out, and maybe with time I'll gain feelings for him... but I just don't want to live with guilt. And at the same time in the back of my head I don't want to begin to like him just because of the mere fact that he likes me. He's absolutely perfect, so why aren't I "feeling" him?
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Jan 27, 2009, 07:39 AM

When you place a big "BUT" into your question I think you already know the answer. One of you is not as mature as the other. Nothing wrong with that it simply means that one of you is not at the same place in life as the other and there is no connection between you. Move on and keep looking. Never know, maybe in a few years you will meet up with him again and things will be different.
    TexasParent Posts: 378, Reputation: 73

Jan 27, 2009, 08:03 AM

Is this a good guy bad guy thing. A lot of girls like the bad guys, they are more exciting. The good guys, the guys that are perfect aren't that exciting.

If you've come from a home of drinkers, or yellers, or some other disfunction it's possible that you will be attracted to guys that are bad and are not good for you for a good part of your life. I know of plenty of women who end up with losers and they know they shouldn't date them, but can't help themselves. Some women end up marrying the same type of man over and over.

They try a good guy, but it's too boring for them.

My suggestion if this is the case is to learn how to love yourself, and you will appreciate what a gift this guy really is and you may come to be attracted to him.

If this is not the case, chances are you are just young and you want a bad boy, or someone more exciting because they are the ones who give you permission to be bad.

Either way, just be careful with these losers that you seem to be attracted to, they may drag you into things you don't really want to be doing.
    NallaNeedsYou Posts: 162, Reputation: 9

Jan 27, 2009, 09:36 AM

I think that you have to be happy that you have a good guy and be content with being loved. It is always hard to find a guy that will respect you and look after you so be happy and think about what he offers compared to your previous boyfriends. Maybe you can't quite believe that its happening but to me it seems that because of past experiances you don't want to love again. Maybe the guys you have dated have not treated you nicely or you have a problem finding people to trust. This is completely understandable but I think I would give this guy a shot, never dwell on the past, just look at it and see what went wrong and then avoid it and move on. In my opinion you should keep at it and appreciate all the things he does for you that no-one else could.
    soul4dancing Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 31, 2009, 12:14 PM
    I have well, I had the same problem. He thought he was "in love with me" but I had absoloutly no feelings for him. So I told him that I thought that we were just best as friends which he didn't understand. So then I expained to him how I couldn't let myself lie to him when he's pouring his heart out to me and I have nothing to give back to him. He was pretty torn up at first but now he's fine. I thnk that no matter what people tell you, loving someonedoesn't make them love you (or in our case- visa versa). Loving someone just because they love you is selfish. All's it does is create a false sense of love and just makes it harder for you to break it off in the future because if you don't feel anything for him now you probably won't ever. At least "take a break" and see other people-- if you two are meant to be, then you will be.
    Uhelpmenihelpu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 28, 2010, 10:47 AM
    Im also a senior and Im going threw the same thing and its nt that you don't have feelings for him.. it's the fact that he's liked you for so long and now that he has you he doesn't want to mess up... he was practically already and love with you before y'all even got together... his love for you is over powering your emotions and feelings for them that you don't even have a chance to gain any because his strong emotions are slowly pushing you away. I couldn't take it anymore so I broke it off.. I felt like it was impossible for my emotions to catch up with his after he's liked me for four whole years and said he loved me the first month we started tawkn... after three months he called my mom, mom. Talked about marriage and I couldn't take it.. . And the last thing I have to say before you make any final decisions is read your horoscopeI know this might sound weird but lol try it... they Sumtime help
    holyshiz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2012, 02:53 PM
    Im going through the same thing. Its hard especially having to break his heart! I don't want to feel like I'm stringing him along with me when I don't have then feelings for him:( hopefully if I stay with him my feelings will come back! But right now, I'm having one of the hardest times in my life having to deal with this... maybe its just me! Idont know. HELP?
    HisSunshine Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 21, 2012, 10:11 AM
    I recently got dumped by my boyfriend of 8 years in March. Actually, a week before OUR birthday because we had the same birthday. I will never find anyone like him and for a good while I always tried to win him back but I feel that the chances of that happening are pprreettyyy slim. He is very stubborn. The guy Iam with now is a pilot in the Airforce. He's awsome he's great he's pretty much perfect cooks for me cleans for me does everything. I had a pup that I loved very much and he went out of his way to drive 3 hrs to get me another one from a different breeder. So now we have a new born pup to care for. He will be leaving to Oklahoma soon so he figured if he did this for me it would make me happy and give me something to look forward to when I get home and he is gone. I like him a lot but everyday I think of my ex constantly. I have dreams of him.. I know I'm better off but I'm not feeling it either. I have my days where I'm OK and everyday gets better and better and I pretty much have it made but... for some reason I just don't feel it even though he treats me like a princess :(
    C0bra_M3nace Posts: 1,296, Reputation: 223
    Ultra Member

May 22, 2012, 10:35 AM
    Just as someone can be stuck is a bad relationship, you are stuck in a good one. There is no difference. Only one thing is the same, you need out. Don't waste his time, think of how you wouldn't want yours wasted. A saying comes to mind, "Don't make someone a priority in your lives, if you're only an option in theirs." That kind of suits his situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I dumped my boyfriend, but I'm feeling sad about it. [ 4 Answers ]

I am a college student. A little over a year ago I began dating a guy I met through a friend. Everything was wonderful. We had a great time hanging out, joking, doing whatever. He brought me flowers for no reason. It was too good to be true... which turned out to be our problem. After the first 4...

How to get a perfect boyfriend at a young age [ 7 Answers ]

I am 10 and really want a boyfriend. How do I choose and get the perfect boyfriend?:(

Mixed feeling with ex-boyfriend [ 2 Answers ]

It's been almost a year since my first post and I haven't been on this thing in awhile but I'm starting to run into some problems again so leave a lot of comments cause they always help... Since the beginning of high school I've been with one main person but we've had 2 serious break-ups and we...

Feeling Guilty About the Way I Broke Up w/Boyfriend [ 19 Answers ]

I dated this really sweet guy for a year and 5 months. We went no where. I am a single mom of a 3.5 yr old and she saw us bicker a lot. I have to admit we did that a lot b/c I was rotten to him. I was always unsure if he was the one I wanted in our lives. I am the type who always looks way too...

Why does my boyfriend want me to be perfect? [ 12 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been dating for about 7 months. He's a single dad and I'm a single mother of 7 year olds. He asked me to marry him after three months, and then got cold feet and called it off. We are going to a wedding in a different state and he just told me that he is ready to call it...

View more questions Search