Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tawanatossitup Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2009, 12:57 AM
    Trying to vacate a judgement
    Can an arbitrator rule against a claimant if the defendant has already been placed with a default judgement. Will he rule in favor of the defendant for vacating the judgement even with the facts presented from the claimant
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2009, 07:13 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tawanatossitup View Post
    Can an arbitrator rule against a claimant if the defendant has already been placed with a default judgement. Will he rule in favor of the defendant for vacating the judgement even with the facts presented from the claimant

I honestly don't understand your question.

There's been a judgment. Now the debtor is trying to set it aside. The matter is not in front of a Judge, it's in front of an arbitrator.

How will the arbitrator rule?

Is that your question?

There is no way to know how anyone (Judge or arbitrator) will rule in any matter without hearing testimony and seeing evidence.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2009, 07:50 AM

What I'm reading from it Judy, is that the OP is trying to get a default judgment vacated. S/he wants to know their odds of getting it vacated because of what the claimant/plaintiff presented at the original trial.

If that is the case, you need to have a good reason to get the judgment vacated. What is your defense?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2009, 08:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    What I'm reading from it Judy, is that the OP is trying to get a default judgment vacated. S/he wants to know their odds of getting it vacated because of what the claimant/plaintiff presented at the original trial.

If that is the case, you need to have a good reason to get the judgment vacated. What is your defense?

- let's just hope OP comes back and fills in the details. You may very well be right. I'm working on Judge vs arbitrator.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vacate a judgement [ 4 Answers ]

I need to explore the options of vacating one of my two petit theft convictions. What are the chances to vacate the last one from 01/23/07? What are the legal requirements?

How to vacate a judgement [ 1 Answers ]

How do I go about vacating 3 judgements against me. I receive SSI and am unable to pay.

Vacate a Judgement [ 1 Answers ]

We were granted a judgement against someone who owed the company money. Now it has been years later and the person the judgement attached to is the same name but the wrong person. I called the county administrator for the county the judgement was placed and she said I need to do a vacate on the...

How to vacate a judgement [ 1 Answers ]

I live in NC and I received paperwork to come to court regarding judgement for non payment of credit card bill... when I got to court they could not find my file, after sitting there for 5 hours the judge final asked me what paper work I had and I showed them my copy that came in the mail of my...

Vacate a judgement [ 2 Answers ]

Can someone please tell me what I have to do to vacate a judgement?

View more questions Search