Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    morse102 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 14, 2007, 05:23 PM
    Vacate a judgement
    Can someone please tell me what I have to do to vacate a judgement?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 14, 2007, 08:37 PM
    You will have to file in court to prove that some action in the original judgment was not correct ( and why you did not present this evidence at the original trial)

Where you not property served notice, was it not you that owed the money. If you really owe the money, and you were legally served, there is no way to really vacate a judgement
    redsox33 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2007, 10:05 AM
    Go to the court where the judgement was issued and tell the clerk you want to file a vacate judgment. But make sure you have good cause to do so, you don't want to look bad in court

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Vacate judgement [ 2 Answers ]

Over a year ago, I was served with a Summons on an old MBNA credit card account. I did not show for the hearing so a default judgement was entered for the scavenger debt collector. Now that over a year has passed, can I attempt to get a vacate judgement or is it too late for me to have any...

Motion to vacate judgement [ 1 Answers ]

Can I file a motion to vacate a judegement against me?

Divorce - vacate stay of judgement absolute [ 14 Answers ]

Hi... first timer here! I am in the midst of a divorce that is taking forever. Last September I had my divorce trial (husband didn't show). I testified for 2 hours and was eventually awarded my home, children (physical & legal) and granted divorce to return to my maiden name. The judgement (in...

Motion to vacate judgement [ 1 Answers ]

All my money in my bank accounts are currently frozen due to a judgement. The collection agency is demanding I pay the total amount due up front. I do not have this money. I called the courts and they said I need to file a motion to vacate the judgement. I am willing to let them garnish my...

View more questions Search