Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    oldtimers Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2008, 11:42 AM
    How do I make my new LCD HDTV picture clearer?
    I just purchased a 40" lcd hdtv polaroid. I've set it up but the picture seems to be grainy and not picture clear. Any solutions before I decide to return it?
    fader089 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2008, 09:33 PM
    If you are just purchasing an HDTV for the first time then you probably haven't subscribed to any high-definition channels yet and are just seeing standard definition programing. Standard definition tends to look a lot worse on an hdtv because you can see all of the faults a lot more clearly.

To get high definition programing you will need to call your cable or satellite company and upgrade your package. In the mean time if you know someone with a Blu-ray player, Xbox 360, Playstation 3, or HD-DVD player then you could ask them to bring it over and try it on your TV. All of those will output high definition content and you will see the true picture quality.
    fader089 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Dec 27, 2008, 09:39 PM
    One more thing... If whatever you are watching is hooked up through a regular TV cable, SD cable, or the yellow/red/white cables then you are NOT seeing HD.

HD content will come through either a red/green/blue/white/red cable (5 ends) or an hdmi or dvi cable which are both rectangular connectors and do not look like anything you would see on a regular TV.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Howcan I legally use a picture of President Elect Obama to make custom gifts for sale [ 2 Answers ]

I make custom gifts in glass, metal, etc. I purchased legal transfers for textile printing, etc. However, I make custom gifts such as découpage plates, glass trinkets, buttons, journals, key chains etc and I want to place the photo of the First Family on these items. I have seen many photos in...

Monitor is flashing cannot make out the picture [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Compaq DeskPro EN with a Ultra VGA 1280 monitor. My son was playing on it and now the monitor is not working. It displays the start up screen fine but when Windows actually loads, I cannot make out the desktop or see the mouse pointer. The screen is flasing and has wavy patterns going...

Is this clearer than I think it is? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm in college and not very experienced in relationships. I had my first serious boyfriend this past year and we agreed to stay together for the summer. Before we left, we had this long discussion on how pointless we thought taking a "break" for the summer was if you really love the person you're...

View more questions Search