Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lissa21090 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2008, 06:29 PM
    Questions about absent father
    My 5 yr old daughter is asking many questions about her absent father. She has no relationship and has never met her father.
    What are the right answers that won't hurt her?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 8, 2008, 07:57 PM

Nice but honest, why is he not present, some fathers decide not to be there for their kids.
    lissa21090 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2008, 08:14 PM
    Her father has a drug problem and has not asked to be involved with his daughter which is fine with me. She does see her paternal grandparents.
    ramsey5family Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Nov 29, 2008, 08:11 PM
    This is a hard one to answer. I am kind of in the same boat. When my little girl ask about her dad the only thing that I can come up with is that "daddy has alot going on right now, he is choosing a different life style, and all we can do is hope and pray that god will change daddy." It is hard I know. My little girl cries about her dad about every 3 months wanting to know why daddy wants to do drugs and not want to see her. I wish there were some way I can get his rights taking away from him. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Absent Father Returns After 7 years [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I have a daughter who is almost 7 years old and her biological dad has been absent pretty much her whole life. We split up when I was 4 months pregnant and he joined the army. My husband has been apart of our life since I was pregnant, so my daughter grew up knowing him as her father. Her...

Ending parental rights of absent father [ 3 Answers ]

My son has not seen his father since he was five (he is now eleven). When we divorced, he was granted some visitation and was ordered to pay child support. He has not paid anything and has seen him a total of 7-10 times in his entire life. I have no contact with him, but I have heard he is...

Getting my son whose father is absent adopted by fianc? [ 1 Answers ]

I have an 18 th month old son whose father has not been around since he was three weeks old. My fiancé treats him like he is his own and would like him to have his last name, after we are married. We are expecting another baby boy in September and would like out family to be able to live happily...

Visitation issues and dealing with the absent Father [ 10 Answers ]

I apologize in advance because this is going to be a long story. I feel it needs to be told in it's entirety to be fully understood. I have a son who is almost 10 years old and we reside in NC. Back in 1997, his biological Father (we'll call him Mr. X) and I dated for a short period, until he...

Absent Father [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 4 year old son whose father has been absent his entire life. Meaning no child support. He does call occasionally but he doesn't give me one dime for my son. He says he loves my son and what not. Is there a way I could terminate his parental rights?

View more questions Search