Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sarhag19 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 27, 2008, 03:59 PM
    Getting my son whose father is absent adopted by fiancé
    I have an 18 th month old son whose father has not been around since he was three weeks old. My fiancé treats him like he is his own and would like him to have his last name, after we are married. We are expecting another baby boy in September and would like out family to be able to live happily without any more problems from my sons father. His father has never went to file for visitation and only pays his child support when he has a job, which is very seldom. I was only 17 when my son was born and his father who was 26 should have been more mature and willing to support us. I have a D.V.O. (domestic violence order) against him, for him trying to kill me in December of 2006. I do not want my son around someone with a violent history of physical and emotional abuse, not only that he does not try to see our son. Instead he just calls social services on us, and is constantly running his mouth saying stuff like my son is malnourished , and mistreated. When social services do come over they see a healthy, active, little boy. Im tired of stressing about what he is going to say next, or when he is going to take me to court. I don't even know where he and his girlfriend, and their new baby has moved to. I would like to know how to get my son adopted and his father out of my life beings that obviously he isn't even in his sons. All I know right know is that after 90 days of no communtication I can file abandonment on him and get a lawyer but I do not know where to go from there. Please help I am a young mom who isn't very intelligent when it comes to legal issues.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

May 27, 2008, 04:19 PM
    File for adoption and send paper work to the bio father to sign over his rights so he can adopt.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Absent Father Returns After 7 years [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I have a daughter who is almost 7 years old and her biological dad has been absent pretty much her whole life. We split up when I was 4 months pregnant and he joined the army. My husband has been apart of our life since I was pregnant, so my daughter grew up knowing him as her father. Her...

Visitation issues and dealing with the absent Father [ 10 Answers ]

I apologize in advance because this is going to be a long story. I feel it needs to be told in it's entirety to be fully understood. I have a son who is almost 10 years old and we reside in NC. Back in 1997, his biological Father (we'll call him Mr. X) and I dated for a short period, until he...

Absent Father [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 4 year old son whose father has been absent his entire life. Meaning no child support. He does call occasionally but he doesn't give me one dime for my son. He says he loves my son and what not. Is there a way I could terminate his parental rights?

No legal father.can he be adopted [ 1 Answers ]

I live in IN. I have a three yr old son. My sons father was in prison when he was born so he never signed the birth cert. Since I was on medicaid for prenatal and postnatal care, the gov. decided to make me establish paternity for my son. So my son's father and I are supposed to be going to...

Adopted - need medical info. Of father, etc. [ 1 Answers ]

I hae my birth certificate - I was adopted and givenup for adoption in Massachusettes. I have found my mother and made contact with NO cooperation. I wanted to know if there was anything I could do to gain the name of my father in any legal papers in Massachuesttes? I want to know my ethnic...

View more questions Search