Is house rent will tax free yes or no
    sanjay dhakad Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2008, 11:30 PM

MukatA Posts: 7,110, Reputation: 176
    Tax Expert

Oct 30, 2008, 01:16 AM

No, you will not get deduction for house rent paid.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 30, 2008, 06:59 AM

Or if you are the home owner, you do have to pay taxes on the income of the rental property

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Owner of the House Lost House While We're Still Paying Him Rent [ 1 Answers ]

I'm currently going through a somewhat messy situation.. My husband and I moved into this house in Victorville about 2 and a half years ago. The house was perfect and the rent was suitable and our 5 kids loved the neighborhood and their new schools. Well about three weeks ago this man had came over...

Free Rent to Employees [ 4 Answers ]

I work for a guest ranch and on our property we have employee housing. The housing consists of 1 & 2 bedroom apts, as well as studios. Several employees are currently living in these apts free of rent while others pay rent. Those that live in the apts for free are on-call as a manager on duty 1...

Free Rent amortization [ 4 Answers ]

We have given tenants a free month of rent as an inducment. This should be spread over the length of the lease. What journal entry is required to record this.

We want rent-free tenant to leave [ 2 Answers ]

We are a church that offered a rent-free room to a college kid several years ago in exchange for security duties. He is now an adult with a college education but without a full-time job. There is no written contract or lease, money has never been exchanged. We've been asking him to leave for five...

View more questions Search