Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lilibelle108 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2008, 10:37 AM
    Re-routing kitchen plumbing
    I am currently remodeling my kitchen. I would like to knock out the wall where the kitchen sink/plumbing is and install an island. The sink would remain in that same place except it would be placed in the island. How do I re-route the vent?
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 11, 2008, 12:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lilibelle108 View Post
    I am currently remodeling my kitchen. I would like to knock out the wall where the kitchen sink/plumbing is and install an island. The sink would remain in that same place except it would be placed in the island. How do I re-route the vent?
    This is calledl a island sink vent and can be installed one of two ways. One is a regular island vent,(see image) and the other is a simpler version using a AAV,(see image). If a permit will be pulled check with your Building Department to see if you can use a AAV. If you'renot going to be inspected then it's your choice. Good luck, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Plumbing in the kitchen sink [ 3 Answers ]

Good morning! I was soaking a mayonaise jar that was full of water. The jar accidentally rolled off the edge of the sink, and is upside down in the drain/garbage disposal. The top part of the jar is still sticking up, however I can't get my hands around the edges to pull it our of the drain. Can...

New Kitchen Sink Plumbing [ 3 Answers ]

I have replaced our kitchen cabinets and now will put in a new sink. The new sink has the drains in different places (farther apart and close to the back wall) than the one we replaced. Can I put a 90 elbow coming directly out of the wall to drain directly into 1 drain, or should I try and...

Plumbing, Kitchen Sink [ 1 Answers ]

I had water in my kitchen sink last night. This morning my daughter was using the sink, water came out of the faucet, used the sprayer, which sprayed water, and suddenly the water stopped. There is nothing coming through the sprayer or the faucet. Cannot find water leaking anywhere. Tried...

Kitchen plumbing [ 2 Answers ]

The water flow through the faucet and spray periodically shuts off. Sometimes if I pump the spray while the water is turned off, then turn it on, the flow begins again. Sometimes it doesn't. I'm going crayz...

Plumbing Re-routing [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. I've embarked on a renovation project which consists of knocking down a non-load-bearing wall to combine an existing (2-piece) ensuite with a walk-in closet. Our objective is to use the additional space to expand the existing ensuite bathroom, most notably add a walk-in shower. This expanded...

View more questions Search