Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    citric_acid47 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 22, 2006, 12:32 PM
    My 91 civic dx won't start... I'm confused
    Well I just did a rebuild on my 91 civic dx and put the engine back in connected everything the same and everything seems to look right before I did the rebuild the engine did run now when I first turned over the key it started for maybe 5 secs then died and will not start I'm getting spark and plenty of compression the I can hear the fuel pump turn on and I get fuel to the injectors but I'm not sure if I'm getting fuel to the combustion chamber. I sprayed started fluid through the intake and it still wouldn't kick over so my buddy and I are stumped the timing seems to be on but not positive on that tomorrow I'm taking the distributor cap of and finding TDC on piston #1 and seeing where the distributor is pointing to see how close my timing really is and going to take of the throttle body to see if the injectors are delivering fuel... if anyone has any ideas please help me out cause I'm running out of them! Thanks
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

May 23, 2006, 03:42 AM
    Did you check this post?:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...post-9924.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

94 Civic won't start [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, this one has really aggrivated me so I am hoping that someone can help me figure out the problem and fix it. I have a 94 civic, manual (5 speed), that was broken into recently. When I got it back the ignition assembly was punched and useless. I purchased a new one and put it in place of...

Civic won't start... please help [ 2 Answers ]

It kind of happened over the course of the day.. like I realized it was taking more to get it to start and by the end of the day my civic wouldent start anymore... so first I thought it must be the fuel pump or the ditributor... so I bought a whole new distributor assembly and cap and new spark...

95 civic won't start [ 3 Answers ]

I just recently rebuilt the engine in my 95 civic... about a week later the radiator blew and I replaced that... now about 2 weeks later my car suddenly won't start... one day I leave the gym after working out and it won't start... I first thought the gas gauge was wrong so I just put in some gas...

92 honda civic won't start [ 4 Answers ]

I was looking for a place I could find some answers to my problem... and I found this forum.. anyway.. My 92 honda civic has an interesting problem. At one point it would barely start.. thinking it was sparkplugs,wires,rotor.. I replaced them all.. seemed to work greatly.. lacking money at...

View more questions Search