Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wiseoldfrog Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2006, 05:47 PM
    94 Civic won't start
    Okay, this one has really aggrivated me so I am hoping that someone can help me figure out the problem and fix it.

I have a 94 civic, manual (5 speed), that was broken into recently. When I got it back the ignition assembly was punched and useless. I purchased a new one and put it in place of the original but the car won't start. The headlights come on and when I put the key into the ignition initially the "door is ajar" beep will sound. When I turn the key, however, the instrument panel doesn't light up and the engine does nothing. I have checked the main fuse box for shorts but I don't see any problems and the key "beep" is still active and the headlights turn on so I have no clue what I am doing wrong.

Another note that might be a clue is that the cigarette lighter doesn't get power either, however the fuse is intact...

PLEASE help me out, I need to get this car moved before it gets towed.
    JDMostwanted Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Nov 15, 2007, 07:53 PM
    I have the same problem I own 93 civic that doesn't start because of a check engine light most civic's won't start if that light is on.

------------

Does the car crank? What about your (CEL) check engine light.

-------------

When you turn the ignition switch ON,(DON'T start the car) does the check engine light come on and then go off after 2 seconds? Is there a relay click sound when the check engine light goes out? Does the fuel pump whine for 2 seconds?

Take a test light or a multimeter and test the ACG(s) under-dash fuse. Probably Fuse No. 24.

-------------

1. Check all under-hood and under-dash fuses with a test light or multimeter.
    2. Answer the 3 basic diagnostic questions.
    3. Check for any codes.
    4. Run the K-Test on your ECM.
    5. Read sections A and B below:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-tr...ics-46563.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

92 honda civic won't start PLEASE HELP [ 22 Answers ]

I live in LA and I have never had a problem. It has been raining non stop down pour for 17 days. Last night I went out and my car wouldn't start. It turns over but no fire. Battery seems fine. AAA came and got it started by adding fuel shaking it, I don't know what... He told me to keep it running,...

Civic won't start... please help [ 2 Answers ]

It kind of happened over the course of the day.. like I realized it was taking more to get it to start and by the end of the day my civic wouldent start anymore... so first I thought it must be the fuel pump or the ditributor... so I bought a whole new distributor assembly and cap and new spark...

My 91 civic dx won't start... I'm confused [ 1 Answers ]

Well I just did a rebuild on my 91 civic dx and put the engine back in connected everything the same and everything seems to look right before I did the rebuild the engine did run now when I first turned over the key it started for maybe 5 secs then died and will not start I'm getting spark and...

95 civic won't start [ 3 Answers ]

I just recently rebuilt the engine in my 95 civic... about a week later the radiator blew and I replaced that... now about 2 weeks later my car suddenly won't start... one day I leave the gym after working out and it won't start... I first thought the gas gauge was wrong so I just put in some gas...

View more questions Search